quick question

Can someone tell me please what the maxium load height is ?
I have been loaded up ready to tip at Edmonton green tomorrow from Colchester, but the load looks high to me I just thought better be safe then sorry, also is there any low bridges on the way ? I’m at 13"2 but I think my load is taken me higher

no maximum hight limit

I live nearby and only one bridge and it’s 14ft 6in high! :wink:
Are you tipping at the shopping centre? If so you’ll be OK!

Generaly its not advisable to run over 16ft, but Comet’s double deckers run up to 16’ 5" and are marked as such…crap yourself a bit when you go under some bridges with shrapnel marks though… :open_mouth:

Use a tape measure and measure it exactly before you leave, remember there is a statutory fine if your height marker in the cab is more than 2" (i think from memeory but check) out.

Check your bridge height map before going.

no maximum hight limit!

Ooh, tell that to the guy that left a leg from a Silo lying on the M1 motorway, Police ■■■■■■ and all, bit of an awkward situation as he would of been asked the height of his load by the said ■■■■■■, supposedly!

ok thanks chaps was just unsure :laughing:

Frankydobo:
no maximum hight limit!

Ooh, tell that to the guy that left a leg from a Silo lying on the M1 motorway, Police ■■■■■■ and all, bit of an awkward situation as he would of been asked the height of his load by the said ■■■■■■, supposedly!

There is NO legal height limit. There is, of course, the practical problem of getting under bridges. You should always know how high you are.

Santa:

Frankydobo:
no maximum hight limit!

There is NO legal height limit. There is, of course, the practical problem of getting under bridges. You should always know how high you are.

And telephone cables :blush:

Moose:
no maximum hight limit

Over 16ft you start having problems. An unmarked bridge shaved the corners off some roof trusses after i watched my transport manager measure the height and assure me they were only 15’9. When i got to site the straps came off in my hand without undoing the rachets.

By law any object passing over a road that is under 16’ 6" has to have a low height sign on. However plenty of phone and electric cables don’t even though they are and I’ve been running down the motorway with a mate with both of us pulling 16’ 1" trailers and his has looked damned close to some of the older motorway bridges we’ve gone under.

Been a long time, but I’m sure when moving high loads we used 16ft 3ins as our safe limit, usually they didn’t reach that but as 16ft 6ins was being quoted as the height of Motorway bridges at the time that was the limit we stuck to, true there is no legal height limit but the question was what is the max limit and that is the height of the bridges/cables etc you come upon from A to B. One well known Northeast operator used to say “The sky’s the limit” but then again he wasn’t the one taking the thing down the road! Franky.