Transporter chaos

peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news … 5768369.jp

At least he never hit it , could have been a lot worse.

that looks if i strain my eyes enough like the well known ■■■■■■■■ firm with 3 letters in their name.quite unusual,driver is either a newbie or just had a really bad day.if the bridge height was a problem,i would have thought that barring some backward cap wearing chavs stealing the signs,it should have been well signposted about a height limit.still at least he never hit the bridge which is unfortunate,or there would have been some cheap kia convertibles up for grabs. :cry:

that bridge does not carry a warning (i dont think) that bridge is 15’6 or something fairly high like that, some one from p’boro on here could prob confirm the hight.

it dont say where he was going/coming from, if he was trying to find kia p’boro then he went the wrong way turning onto that bridge :exclamation: :exclamation: .

How about the photographers name, the truck should fit, no problem.

Well Mabee :laughing:

The Crescent bridge does indeed have signs stating the headroom is 15’6" (a Google image search brings up a photo which clearly shows the signs on the bridge itself - no idea what, if any, advance warning signs are nearby).

Roymondo:
The Crescent bridge does indeed have signs stating the headroom is 15’6" (a Google image search brings up a photo which clearly shows the signs on the bridge itself - no idea what, if any, advance warning signs are nearby).

whats the min legal height before signs are needed :question: :question: what height does your average CT run at :question: :question:

better pic of bridge

I always understood anything under 16’6" (i.e. 5 metres) was required to be marked. Not sure what (if any) advance signing is required by law.

we were on about hitting bridges once,and a lad who used to drive car transporters said it was instant dismissal if you hit a bridge,was part of the contract he signed,no ifs or buts,[maybee only the firm he worked for] ive no doubt it was right so the lad made the right decision here ,

i cant see the problem here the guy wasnt sure and stopped!!

good on him IMO beats hitting it and shutting the road for hours

What a bloody stupid design! Unless this Br does some fancy trick like lifting for boats then what the hell they doing designing it like that?

Steve-o:
What a bloody stupid design! Unless this Br does some fancy trick like lifting for boats then what the hell they doing designing it like that?

The Crescent Bridge is situated just south of Peterborough station on the east coast mainline. The Bridge is of steel and rivet construction with the main span having the unusual arched (crescent) shape. Opened in 1913, the bridge replaced a set of two level crossings, which were very dangerous, and in 1880 resulted in the death of a pedestrian. The Bridge has given the cities citizen’s safe passage over a very busy railway line.

Crescent Bridge opened 1913

Satellite Navigation invented 1920

road chaos!!! screams the headline !!! Oh the humanity :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Then as you read on …

Finally after 20 minutes the road was fully reopened and the lorry continued its journey down Bourges Boulevard in search of an alternative route.

20 MINS :unamused: jeez