Hi, another newbie to this site

Hi all…

Instructorone here, looking forward to joining in the chats and hopefully giving sound advice where appropriate.

I have been a professional LGV Driver for some 25 years, i have travelled Europe, mid east and Russia. Having decided to do something different with my life i decided to become a professional LGV instructor 4 years ago.

Am currently working for a very successful company in Leicester and the future is looking bright.

Hello to Dave and Rog.

Hi Instructorone,

Welcome to to the site, you work for Coates?

Hello Clarky

And thanks for the welcome,

No. Im currently an instructor at a very professional training company that provides all LGV trainnig across the board.

Unfortunately i cannot say the name of the company as it would be advertising but if you need any recomendations please ask rog

instructorone:
Hello to Dave and Rog.

:smiley: Hi instructorone, WELCOME. :grimacing:

ROG will be along after his nap. :wink:

dieseldave:

instructorone:
Hello to Dave and Rog.

:smiley: Hi instructorone, WELCOME. :grimacing:

Good evening dave, chris ere mate, hope all is well and many thanks for the welcome

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome instructorone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which will be of absolutely no use to you :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m glad that you have ALERTed me to your presence on here :blush: :blush:

ROG:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome instructorone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which will be of absolutely no use to you :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Goodevening Rog, thankyou for the welcome, i hope i can be of some use to yourself and other members. You do not have to blush to be ALERT.

instructorone:
Hello Clarky

And thanks for the welcome,

No. Im currently an instructor at a very professional training company that provides all LGV trainnig across the board.

Unfortunately i cannot say the name of the company as it would be advertising but if you need any recomendations please ask rog

You can say which company it is if asked on a PM (Private Message) and I have sent you one - see top of this page :wink:

Does he work for Coates Rog? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Does he work for Coates Rog? :stuck_out_tongue:

NO - definitely NO

As they used to be called hmmmm Garage and transport ( GAT )

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
As they used to be called hmmmm Garage and transport ( GAT )

NOPE, wrong guess - GATT are now ATT at Hinckley in Leics and it is most very definitely not that one

ROG:

I think the clue’s in here

woody2808:

ROG:

Someone is definitely ALERT today :exclamation:

ROG:

woody2808:

ROG:

Someone is definitely ALERT today :exclamation:

Be Alert. Our country needs Lerts.

welcome chris,

you dont work for sterling do you? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

puts on body armour and jumps over the wall for cover!!!

Welcome Instrutorone.
You will have to be patient with the old boys son here. They miss a lot of clues and are not very ALERT at noticing things.
Bless 'em.

He He…Not Stirlings… :open_mouth:

Those that may not be as alert as they think!

Car licences obtained before 1 January 1997
If you passed a car test before 1 January 1997 you keep your existing entitlement to tow trailers until your licence expires. This means you’re generally entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes maximum authorised mass (MAM). You also have entitlement to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750 kgs MAM.
Car licences obtained on or after 1 January 1997
If you passed a car test on or after 1 January 1997 you’re limited to vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass towing a trailer up to 750 kgs, or a vehicle and trailer combination up to 3.5 tonnes MAM providing the MAM of the trailer doesn’t exceed the unladen mass of the towing vehicle. You’ll need to pass an additional driving test in B+E if you wish to tow a caravan or trailer combination which exceeds these weight limits.

and

Category B + E - car and trailer test vehicles must be
an unladen category B vehicle towing a suitably braked, unladen trailer of at least one tonne MAM. The examiner may ask for evidence of the trailer MAM, for example the manufacturer’s plate

Well I am completely lost with all the ALERT things going on here!

Anyway Chris, welcome.

Do you do Hiab training? (Before Ken gets his 2 cents in, LOL)