HI ALL

HI all well this is my first time on and would like to no if the min wage for driveing in the uk . and the in europ is there a diffrence .

I would hope that the investment we make in a licence coupled with the responsibility, experience, danger, health, conditions etc implies that a driver can still earn above minimum wage which I think is at about £4.85?/ hr in England.
I am not sure of the statutory minimum wage of every country in N Europe or even if they have such a thing on their statute books. I would advise that you try the internet to track down this information.

Hi Fatman, welcome to TruckNet UK.

Sorry, but like Julian I have no idea if the rest of the EU countries have a minimum wage, let alone what that might be for each country.

On the other hand you may have been asking what is the minimum you can expect to earn driving UK and Europe. I don’t really know the amounts, not employed see, other than the difference is not usually very much but you will generally earn more driving UK.

thanks all i will do that

Hi,Fatman well down here in Spain there is no min wage that i no of,drivers usaly get paid a salary or mileage,n/out money for european work is about 50 euros that is broken down to 2meals of 12euros and the rest is n/out money that is what im usualy told when going for a job

There is a minimum wage in France, it’s called the SMIC, but not being in employment for 3 years I’m not sure what it is, probably about €9/hour by now (£6). Mind you my local firm also pays for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and NO tax free (about €45 3 years ago) and (unknown to me at the time), invests in a savings scheme for each driver as well as funding a bloody good meal every year (which I still get invited to). Smacks a bit of old fashioned patronage, perhaps that’s why the the boss is called ‘le Patron’, but some things don’t change as fast here as in the Anglo-Saxon world. :wink:

Salut, David.

Spardo
In our part the min wage is 9.50.I am not sure if it changes from departement to departement,or prefecture to perfecture

kerbut:
Spardo
In our part the min wage is 9.50.I am not sure if it changes from departement to departement,or prefecture to perfecture

Did you really mean to say that Kerbut, referring perhaps to Brittany and Périgord :question: :unamused: :laughing:

To be serious though I think it does differ, I seem to remember that we, being in an under populated area with little employment were on the minimum of minimums and the figure you quote is probably about right. I was only guessing at €9 before.

Salut, David.

E8.05ph(top line)smic wage,spardo you not worked for the last three years,and I thought I was a lazy git.there is a web site for all the french jobs and what they pay,maybe smartie pants spardo another ex-pat could post the link.Ps 24 is where all them brits got done fiddling the system,signing on and working claimimg CMU and all that,which causes a lot of resentment with the french as I am sure you know. :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: