Curious about international driving

Hello guys and gals.

i am looking to do international driving when i get my artic licence and some experience.

i am wondering if the pay is better than in UK (no need to disclose the wage)?

how are you treated in other countries?

how long you can be away (minimum and maximum you have been away) for?

also any experiences good or bad you want to share please feel free as i would enjoy reading them and maybe i may learn something lol.

thank you for taking the time to read this thread. :slight_smile:

RookieTrucker:
i am wondering if the pay is better than in UK (no need to disclose the wage)?

Not usually, about the same or less than UK

RookieTrucker:
how are you treated in other countries?

Very well, facilities for drivers are far better than the UK in most places.

RookieTrucker:
how long you can be away (minimum and maximum you have been away) for?

How long is a piece of string? :wink: :smiley: I’ve done trips when I left one day and was back the next. My longest away without getting home was only about 3 weeks but I have gone nearly seven weeks without spending a full day at home.Other people will have spent far longer than that away.

RookieTrucker:
also any experiences good or bad you want to share please feel free as i would enjoy reading them and maybe i may learn something lol.

Sorry, I don’t like writing about my experiences. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, i was pointed in the direction of Coffee to go read only forum, i have only read the last thread with the Millau viaduct in (looked for pics on google and its blooming high lol) and really enjoyed it mate, will read more tomorrow.

great work btw m8 :sunglasses:

rookie euro driving beats uk hands down mate and if i could get back on it i would. to me and my friends that have done euro work it seems once youv done it you dont like doing anything else a bit like driving really. :laughing: alot of my jobs were leave monday back saturday and mainly doing france with a bit of belgium and germany.id recommend anyone try it .im married with three kids but ive still got the wonderlust and would like to do italy, swiss, austria,and all of scandinavia

As you may know my work has changed recently with very few trips over the water now, just four this year, and after going over almost every week for the last 16 years I thought I would be missing it. To be honest, and much to my surprise, I’m not. It’s been so long since I did UK work it’s a novelty at the moment and I am enjoying the change.Will I go again if I get offered a job? Yes, depending on the job and the money of course, but if it doesn’t happen I won’t lose any sleep. The facilities are better for drivers over the water but as I usually cater for myself meal wise it isn’t much different, just the parking and the showers really.

do ya think things might pick up now were in a new financial year neil

Euro workwise for me, no, it won’t pick up.

hi rookie
i would have to agree with coffee on most points having done various euro work over the years you soon learn that over the water drivers actually get treated like human beings facilities are miles better and drivers are welcome everywhere. euro work unfortunatly does have its downsides as well though and drivers have to be more vigilant than in uk, ( have a look at my last message about planted illegal substances) and you dont get many gas attacks in uk either…basically you just have to be a bit more careful …me its in my blood and as soon as our court case is over and i get my trailer back i will be off again cruising the globe you just cant help it…