HGV refreshers every 5yrs?

I read somewhere that every 5 years HGV licence holders will have to go through a refresher course, is that right?..maybe you’ve already covered it on here, so apologies for not being A Lert…is it right though? or just a leg pull

I think it’s being confused with the new PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC which starts this September - that has a 5 year renewal.

One of the ORIGINAL ideas was to include an on-road driver assessment but they decided that driving on the public highway had nothing to do with truck driving :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused:

Many thanks Rog, appreciate the clarification :slight_smile:

I recently drove a bus to a college ,woman staff member came out asking what are you doing about CPC. I told her thinking of nothing else but boss dont want to know.She keeps organising courses then cant fill them as there is no interest at the moment so the course has to be pulled.

ROG:
I think it’s being confused with the new PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC which starts this September - that has a 5 year renewal.

One of the ORIGINAL ideas was to include an on-road driver assessment but they decided that driving on the public highway had nothing to do with truck driving :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused:

So does that mean one of these SAFED typre course won’t count towards you Driver CPC.

muckles:

ROG:

So does that mean one of these SAFED typre course won’t count towards you Driver CPC.

YES they will but the original idea was a COMPULSORY on-road assessment drive