Refresher

Hi

Could anyone please recommend a company within the Bristol / Thornbury BS35 area that offers driver refresher training (class 1).

I have been office bound and haven’t driven for a couple of years now (last drove in Spain in November 2013) so need a bit of “confidence training”!

I have had my class 1 licence since 1986, have a CPC national & international, a digital tacho card and drivers CPC.

All comments and advice appreciated.

Regards

Keith

You shouldn’t really need refresher training as it all comes back to you as soon as you get behind the wheel.
I was away from it for nearly 5 years, had to go for assessment when I came back and found it to be rather scary at first but soon as I climbed in cab it was like I’d never been away, even reversed on bay first time.

PCL at Aylesbury,you cood ask

I would have thought it was like riding a bike mate.
Why not do what I did when I was looking to wean myself off left-hookers a few years ago.
Rather than start the job I was offered straight away, and maybe do damage,… I done a week on days on agency, I was getting paid, while getting re.acclimatised :bulb: and if I did do damage (I didn’t btw) who the hell gives a ■■■■ about agencies anyway, they are insured, and they don’t care about drivers, so they were a means to an end.
Better than forking out yourself mate.

wing-nut:
You shouldn’t really need refresher training as it all comes back to you as soon as you get behind the wheel.
I was away from it for nearly 5 years, had to go for assessment when I came back and found it to be rather scary at first but soon as I climbed in cab it was like I’d never been away, even reversed on bay first time.

+1. Climbed out of a cab on 1 November 2008, didn’t get back into one until 7th September 2014. Other than an initial “seems a bit bigger than I remembered” when I first got in the cab, from then on in it was just like I’d never left. Managed to work the digi tacho fine, drove out the place, did the 30 mile test route, reversed straight back in the parking bay in the trailer park just fine.

keithcassam:
Hi

Could anyone please recommend a company within the Bristol / Thornbury BS35 area that offers driver refresher training (class 1).

If you carry on up the A38 there’s Paul Williams just outside Gloucester.

lgvtraininggloucester.com/

Book 4 hours max as that is all you will need - I did refreshers on many who had 10+ years without driving an artic

Make sure no cones are used but perhaps go to empty units on ind estates to do reversing

Had a twenty year gap. Jumped in one and away I went. Only difference was a lot more wonkers on the road.

Many thanks to all, seem to have most of my confidence back already by just reading the replies.

Will just go for it seems to be the way forward!

Thanks again.

Regards

Keith

If you do take the agency route as robroy suggested you’ll probably have to give them a bit of BS about who you’ve recently been driving for. That’s what I did and they never checked.

wing-nut:
If you do take the agency route as robroy suggested you’ll probably have to give them a bit of BS about who you’ve recently been driving for. That’s what I did and they never checked.

Yeh?? Well I’m gonna tell em :laughing: