Hgv driver jailed for 32 months

expressandstar.com/news/cri … wo-killed/
happen last year round v festival time on the sunday

Smart Motorways…?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EddieMD:
Smart Motorways…?

It’s a lack of smart drivers that’s the real problem…

SPEED KILLS…FACT… if he was aware like others, maybe he would have seen a problem ahead…who knows…but someones lost their life…but who knows why the trailer driver was between the trailer and his towing vehicle where he sustained multiple injuries and died. if only he had stayed then other side of the barriers. r.i.p.

The article says that 6 other vehicles had manoeuvred around the victims car & trailer, so I assume that lane 1 did not have a red ’ X ’ displayed :neutral_face:

If this is indeed the case, how long is a reasonable time for the CCTV operators or Highways England to get the lane closed? Yes of course the lorry driver should be paying attention, but if these lanes cannot be swiftly closed we are going to see far more deaths on these so called smart motorways :frowning:

Stopped near J10a to refuel■■?..I know there’s no excuse for slamming into the back of a stationary vehicle but the other driver has to take some of the blame here.

GORDON 50:
Stopped near J10a to refuel■■?..I know there’s no excuse for slamming into the back of a stationary vehicle but the other driver has to take some of the blame here.

Yep, definitely a moron deciding to allow his vehicle to run out of fuel, depends on the individual’s viewpoint as whether he deserved to die for his stupidity or not.

Vid:

GORDON 50:

Yep, definitely a moron deciding to allow his vehicle to run out of fuel, depends on the individual’s viewpoint as whether he deserved to die for his stupidity or not.

Any untimely death is a tragedy but this one does bring to mind the Darwin awards darwinawards.com/

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

Vid:

GORDON 50:

Any untimely death is a tragedy but this one does bring to mind the Darwin awards darwinawards.com/

Totally agree. Partial blame has to fall on the car driver here. Yes the truck driver should have paid more attention and its a tragedy the car driver died but 32 months inside for it?? Seems unduly harsh…
As for ‘speed kills’…thats just total bollox, its inept and stupid driving to blame not speed…

A good British name of the driver who’s guilty, I guess everybody else’s fault except his he’s guilty that’s why he’s gone to jail.

truckyboy:
SPEED KILLS…FACT… if he was aware like others, maybe he would have seen a problem ahead…who knows…but someones lost their life…but who knows why the trailer driver was between the trailer and his towing vehicle where he sustained multiple injuries and died. if only he had stayed then other side of the barriers. r.i.p.

No, speed and hitting something kills.
I have done 80mph in a 70mph zone and survived which proves speed does not kill.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

IronEddie:

Vid:

GORDON 50:

Totally agree. Partial blame has to fall on the car driver here. Yes the truck driver should have paid more attention and its a tragedy the car driver died but 32 months inside for it?? Seems unduly harsh…
As for ‘speed kills’…thats just total bollox, its inept and stupid driving to blame not speed…

You remind me of Carryfast the way you spout so much rubbish.
By the way are you not the driver who can drive with 100% concentration while multi tasking?
There is little hope really with drivers who think like you.

TiredAndEmotional:

EddieMD:
Smart Motorways…?

It’s a lack of smart drivers that’s the real problem…

Those were the very words I said to someone only 2 days ago when he mentioned them.

GORDON 50:

I’m also thinking about the recent crash on the M1 where the driver of the stationary vehicle is being done with death by reckless driving (I think it is) and the driver of the moving vehicle is seen to be of little fault …as it stands at the moment though a few questions have been raised

Hang on… “It was regrettable that Mr Marston found himself refuelling on the hard shoulder.” A ■■■■ of the first order who’s paid the price.

AndrewG:

Nowhere near harsh enough. He had a clear view of the road ahead for over 14 seconds. What was distracting him so much that he didn’t see that vehicle in his lane?

peterm:
Hang on… “It was regrettable that Mr Marston found himself refuelling on the hard shoulder.” A [zb] of the first order who’s paid the price.

I think we have all indulged in a little ’ fuel light bingo ’ at various times, and in fairness it’s pretty ridiculous. IF there was a fine of £500 and 6 points on your licence for running out of fuel on a motorway (and assuming there were regular police patrols), I am quite confident the amounts of people stopping on the hard shoulder or in this case a live lane, would be cut dramatically.

As human beings we constantly use the phrase " it will be ok ". There are many times unfortunately where we just do not place enough importance on driving consequences simply because we are so familiar with it.

Perhaps the threat of a proper punishment is what we all need from time to time?

bubsy06:

truckyboy:

No, speed and hitting something kills.
I have done 80mph in a 70mph zone and survived which proves speed does not kill.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

its not the speed that kills its the coming to an abrupt halt !

Dp…

treble post… :unamused: