HGV Rta Video on M180 - Comments?

Check this video clip out - comments and debate please after lol…

Like whos at fault ?

youtube.com/watch?v=aQWyAWSApzg&NR=1

The C+E HGV, Class 1 LGV driver. The law clearly states it is always the truck drivers fault. :wink:

the copper was at fault i.m.o he was going far to fast aproaching the junction if he had his blue’s goin mr truckie would of sttod half a chance of seeing him

wots the saying … if you cnt see my mirrors !!!

I don’t think the truck driver has a leg to stand on. He obviously wasn’t paying much attention or he would have seen the big signs telling him lane 3 was ending. If he had seen them he surely wouldn’t have moved into lane 3 and instead stayed in lane 2 to go in the direction he wanted. That doesn’t mean I think he’s 100% to blame, just that I think he hasn’t got much of a defence.

The police driver made a comment saying that lane 3 would close down before the RBT. LGV goes into lane 2 and there is always the “possibility” of overdrift, so why did the cop not take lane 1 - unless I missed something in the video?

been a while since i was down that stretch but im sure lane 3 merges with lane 2 and there is massive signs indicating this so the driver dosent have a leg to stand on. why was he going from lane 2 to lane 3 anyway.

il tell you why he was trying to be clever and cutting the car up who he thought was just trying to nip through at the last minute its just the idiot didnt realise it was a police car.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Got to agree wit ya coffee i used that junction alot when i had a short stint tipper drivin from Imingham-Ferrybridge power station 4 times a day.
It is clearly stated a good distance away that the suicide lane is coming to an end, however the speed that copper was doin in the vid i certainly never saw the trucks mirrors befor he signalled or even befor he started movin in to lane 3 so there is a chance he never saw him even with a mirror check but still he definatly didnt need to be in trap3.

jessicas dad:
been a while since i was down that stretch but im sure lane 3 merges with lane 2 and there is massive signs indicating this

You are right about the signs, you can see them in the video 2 minutes and 2 seconds in.

jessicas dad:
il tell you why he was trying to be clever and cutting the car up who he thought was just trying to nip through at the last minute its just the idiot didnt realise it was a police car.

I’ve a funny feeling you could have smacked the nail firmly on its head there. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good laugh mind you watching copper get pranged, just shows it can happen to the best of us.

As a matter of interest at the end of the programme the commentator said that the HGV driver WAS NOT prosecuted.

catclan:
i certainly never saw the trucks mirrors befor he signalled or even befor he started movin in to lane 3 so there is a chance he never saw him even with a mirror check

Don’t forget the camera position isn’t giving you the drivers eye view so it is difficult to say whether the copper would have seen the mirrors or not.

what gets me is the policeman said he running with flashing headlights but there is no reflection on the lorries rearmarkers nor on any road sings untill after the lorry hit him and he wanted to stop the lorry i think he was not running with flashing headlights and as the road bends to the left on a sweeping bend he might have been in a continuous blindspot behind the trailer :question:

but the is the hgv driver had checked his insde mirror aswell as his o/s mirror then he woruld have seen the car come and note that it would be coming to fast . not a good advert for read bordell though. even the driver said to the copper that he didnt know he could go in the outside lane both mad mistakes ill go 50 50

alix776:
but the is the hgv driver had checked his insde mirror aswell as his o/s mirror then he woruld have seen the car come and note that it would be coming to fast . not a good advert for read bordell though. even the driver said to the copper that he didnt know he could go in the outside lane both mad mistakes ill go 50 50

Theres a bloody anti HGVer on every site aint there :unamused: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reef:

alix776:

Theres a bloody anti HGVer on every site aint there :unamused: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not being pedantic ( as alegedly thats your job ) but shouldn’t that be Anti LGVer Reef ■■? :laughing: :wink:

montana man:
Not being pedantic ( as alegedly thats your job ) but shouldn’t that be Anti LGVer Reef ■■? :laughing: :wink:

Oh i thought it was a heavy goods vehicle not a light goods vehicle :confused:

ROG !!! ROG !!! HELP !!! Please clarify oh knowledgeable one :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I think you could lay blame on both parties.

The lorry obviously shouldn’t have moved into lane 3. But then again, pursuing another vehicle at 130mph, PC Langley should have been using his blues and twos.

Interesting to watch though!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

reef:
Oh i thought it was a heavy goods vehicle not a light goods vehicle

and I was thinhking LARGE goods vehicle :smiley: :wink:

If only there was a professionally qualified member who could settle the argument. You know some guy with lots of titles after his name :laughing:

Guess we will have to make do with Neil if he can spare the posts :wink:

Whist i cant see why the truck would have wanted to be in lane 3,there really isnt no excuse for the police driver to have not forward planned and used a little anticipation thinking "what if------"their bible in training states that if they are involved in an accident on the way to an incident then they are of no use,i realise tht he was travelling at speed but as soon as he saw the indicator then he should have been thinking what if,as for overdrift,then god help us normal people on the roads,what speed was the truck doing to make him drift out that far,in saying that i wasnt in the truck so i dont know,perhaps the trffic car should have done more to draw attention to himself on approaching the hazzards up ahead as well as using a little more forethought,all this is easy to say in hindsight i suppose,

I liked the bit where the copper told the driver to move his hat so he could sit down. If he had spoken to me the way he was to that driver I’d have moved it straight over the Armco and into the field. Might as well make a proper incident out of it.

roddersdad:
Whist i cant see why the truck would have wanted to be in lane 3,there really isnt no excuse for the police driver to have not forward planned and used a little anticipation thinking "what if------"their bible in training states that if they are involved in an accident on the way to an incident then they are of no use,i realise tht he was travelling at speed but as soon as he saw the indicator then he should have been thinking what if,as for overdrift,then god help us normal people on the roads,what speed was the truck doing to make him drift out that far,in saying that i wasnt in the truck so i dont know,perhaps the trffic car should have done more to draw attention to himself on approaching the hazzards up ahead as well as using a little more forethought,all this is easy to say in hindsight i suppose,

ps, have just watched this again and if you notice that when he has been hit by the wagon you can then see his headlights flashing on the signs in the distance and his blues would not light them up like that so why were the other signs not lit up like these?,also isnt this the roundabout where the m180 and the m18 meet,finally i think the comments he makes about the lorry driver driving for a living and that he should have anticipated the policemans actions were not really called for as this police man is supposed to have been trained to do what he was doing and got it wrong by the very thing he has just accused the lorry driver of doing or not doing ,he too (the policeman) should have anticipated and didnt quite get it right at the time.