help

any one tell me what my m.p.g is

ive done 3,171kms and used 821 lts this week , the dash shows 9.9 m.p.g when i left tonight, its been as high as 10.3 this week and as low as 9.7 but i just wondered how true, company never mention it so just a bit curious
ta

I make that just a tad over 9mpg…

how can you know exactly how much fuel you used to the litre? impressive figures all the same, what you driving?

My Volvo can tell you all sorts of info on fuel, even down to how much has been used whilst on idle, PTO etc.

So you can work it out yourself in future.

Kilometres x0.617= Miles
3171x0.617=1956.5

Litres /4.545 = Gallons
821/4.545=180.6

Miles / Gallons = MPG
1956.5/180.8=10.86

All but 11mpg, pretty good going.

paul b:
how can you know exactly how much fuel you used to the litre? impressive figures all the same, what you driving?

ive just took mileage fom start mon to finish sat, and how much diesel ive put in in week, tank was full to knock off on starting mon and then filled to knock off fri, if thats what you mean :smiley: , truck is erf ecx , runs full of lorry tryes every night havent a clue what the weight is, the more experianced on here would no better than me], it also hasnt got any 5th gear which probally at times doesnt help mpg , is that good mpg then :question:
thanks mapman and Qhunter

My Volvo can tell you all sorts of info on fuel, even down to how much has been used whilst on idle, PTO etc.

I had a 460 FH that claimed to be able to tell you allsorts of things. In reality all it told me was not to believe what the dashboard told me as the MPG was nearly 2mpg out most weeks.

ady1:
any one tell me what my m.p.g is

ive done 3,171kms and used 821 lts this week , the dash shows 9.9 m.p.g when i left tonight, its been as high as 10.3 this week and as low as 9.7 but i just wondered how true, company never mention it so just a bit curious
ta

3171 km is 1970.5 miles (multiply the km figure by 0.6214)

821 litres is 180.8 gallons (divide the litre figure by 4.54)

Dividing 180.8 into 1970.5 gives a figure of 10.89 mpg

BuzzardBoy:

I had a 460 FH that claimed to be able to tell you allsorts of things. In reality all it told me was not to believe what the dashboard told me as the MPG was nearly 2mpg out most weeks.

My Premiums dash counter is allways out, i complained to the dealers, so they put it on the laptop, which concurred with what i was saying for fuel comsumption, but the dash counter is still wrong, so work that out if you please :confused:

ady1:

paul b:

ive just took mileage fom start mon to finish sat, and how much diesel ive put in in week, tank was full to knock off on starting mon and then filled to knock off fri, if thats what you mean :smiley: , truck is erf ecx , runs full of lorry tryes every night havent a clue what the weight is, the more experianced on here would no better than me], it also hasnt got any 5th gear which probally at times doesnt help mpg , is that good mpg then :question:

not sure what you mean it hasn’t got a fith gear? they’re a 16 speed syncro, aren’t they?
mpg is very good, despite the slating they get from some, all the ■■■■■■■ engined erf’s are very good on fuel. be interested to know what sort of weight your pulling to achieve those figures, is it a 4x2 or 6x2 unit?

paul b:

ady1:

paul b:

not sure what you mean it hasn’t got a fith gear? they’re a 16 speed syncro, aren’t they?
mpg is very good, despite the slating they get from some, all the ■■■■■■■ engined erf’s are very good on fuel. be interested to know what sort of weight your pulling to achieve those figures, is it a 4x2 or 6x2 unit?

it hasnt got a 5th gear paul as i assume the syncro gone, it never worked when i got it 2 yrs ago and no one seems intrested in mending it, i get by using 4th high to 6th low[ not idea and at times hard work] . it was origanally reported 3 yrs ago in the defect book, its a 4-2, weight dont know as all i know is its runs full of lorry tyres every night,scania 420 and renault premium 420 used more fuel than erf doing same job but iveco strallis auto used a fair bit less even tho i ran it in semi auto as didnt like full auto