Are my maths right

mileage 432453
fillup 433615

356ltrs to 1162km = 9.15mpg

Near enough

1162km = 722 miles …using 356 litres = 9.22mpg

mpg-calculator.co.uk :smiley:

I make it 9.22 mpg.

Edit, just spotted Swampeys as I posted.

Ltr to gal multiply by .2199. Km to miles multiply by .6214

I make it 9.26

How many miles was you fully loaded, 44T■■?

Not sure but, everyone I’ve ever known that’s just got a new motor are always getting 10mpg when you ask. :laughing:

Swampey2418:
Near enough

1162km = 722 miles …using 356 litres = 9.22mpg

mpg-calculator.co.uk :smiley:

:grimacing: :grimacing: thanks for that saves a bit of time :sunglasses: :grimacing:

tango boy:

never ever ever only plated at 40t :wink: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

burnley-si:

tango boy:

never ever ever only plated at 40t :wink: :laughing:

Are you driving the new addition or the Red one??
I flashed the red one Tues afternoon on the M40.

tango boy:

burnley-si:

tango boy:

john was driving the red one, just on the phone to him said someone flashed him on tuesday

im in the black one, more than happy with the mpg might back of a little and see if i can get double figures

burnley-si:

tango boy:

burnley-si:

tango boy:

john was driving the red one, just on the phone to him said someone flashed him on tuesday

im in the black one, more than happy with the mpg might back of a little and see if i can get double figures

Fair play to ya Pal :wink: :sunglasses:

and it keeps the wife off my back about mpg :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: happy valentine’s day love 9.2mpg lol :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: got some flowers to pick up im going to put that on the card :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if it had the overdrive box in it like the r series hell it would ■■■■ double figures red runs at 1100 new one runs at 1400

burnley-si:

and it keeps the wife off my back about mpg :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: happy valentine’s day love 9.2mpg lol :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: got some flowers to pick up im going to put that on the card :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lol nice touch :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

burnley-si:

its got to be done :laughing: , ive even booked a table for to at my favourate flaming grill

well you know how to do it its whether you can keep to it …

Your mission should you except it old bean is

Beat the target every night for a week then work out how much extra time its taken then the cost …

Then

Do it in the red one for a week and report back.
:sunglasses:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some old & chatty tractors were measured in “gallons per mile”… :unamused:

That being the case, I’d like one of these for going around the M25 in please…

Challenger II.jpg

Can’t talk about tanks without involving the late, great Kenny Everett can we?

burnley-si:

tango boy:

burnley-si:

its got to be done :laughing: , ive even booked a table for to at my favourate flaming grill

Get your priorities right, she will love it!!! lol :laughing:

and Here is Mr "It’s all in the best possible taste " from winseer

Own Account Driver:
Not sure but, everyone I’ve ever known that’s just got a new motor are always getting 10mpg when you ask. :laughing:

Depends if you can drive or not. I once worked at a place doing a trunk run from Hull to London. Two of us did it in identical motors with identical trailers and identical loads going to the same place setting off at the same time. We’d end up with each others motor as well so it wasn’t just the wagon. He set off like his arse was on fire, would go charging up to lights and junctions and jam on the brakes and took it up well into the yellow in every gear. Despite driving like he did I arrived just as he was going through the gate on the way there and on the way back he was still on the pump when I got there so no gain.

He used 250 litres a night, I used 200.

nick2008:
Beat the target every night for a week then work out how much extra time its taken then the cost …

Then

Do it in the red one for a week and report back.
:sunglasses:

When I did my economical driving course, one of the targets at the end of the week was to beat the time you originally did the run in at the start. Driving economically doesn’t mean driving slowly. Tested that out on the A66 last night. Fridge wagon goes belting round me as we get on the DC at Penrith. I overtook him on the roundabout at the M6 because whilst he was charging up to the red lights and stopping then having to start from standstill at the two roundabouts, I was slowing on engine braking and hitting them on green still moving. On the last set of lights I hit them as they changed and was fully past him before he even started moving.

The amount of time you’ll save ragging it to the redline is so little, if any, it isn’t worth the cost in fuel. You’re not going to save enough to do an extra run a week.