Help Please, HGV driving ban Italy Mon 17 April

Going to Italy next week and was going to park just over the border on Monday night, but have been told there is a driving ban covering Monday, due to easter I suppose.
However I can’t find any infomation on the internet about it.

Can anybody help confirm or deny that there is a ban, supply a link to a site with the relevent infomation and tell us where we can get a permit to travel.
We normally get an exemption, but need the permit.

Thank You.

Give the coppers a Ferrari hat and they will let you go. tell them you need to be home to see the family too :smiley:

I thought that you were exempt from permits too as race cars are a leisure pursuit

Yes, it is a public holiday in Italy on Monday with the normal restrictions on trucks. It is a public holiday across most of Europe on Monday and those countries that have restrictions on truck movements on holidays will have them in place. Have you got an exemption for France as they also have restrictions in place on Monday?

We don’t have a problem with France as we are exempt if we are going to an FIA event and we can get exemption in Italy normally required when leaving the circuit on a Sunday, but we have to get a permit which is sorted out at the circuit.

We aren’t going far into Italy on Monday, but the option try and get the hotel just across the border which is where almost all the Brit F1 and GP2 trucks were heading for, and risk getting stopped at the tunnel or stay at a hotel in France.

We got the permits from the circuit last week for this weekend and for the monday after the race. we only had a fax copy but thats better than nothing.Still costs us 3 williams caps at milan though.

Still costs us 3 williams caps

Which i dare say are made in china for about 20p each :laughing:

I think i got one free with a can of oil last year.

:blush: :blush: :blush: well here I am sat on my Lap top, just returned from a fantastic meal in the Hotel Susa & Stazione, in Italy , and my room mate,
:blush: should I say Truck mate Muckles, is Tucked up in bed in room 101 of the same hotel, after sharing the driving with me… silly bugger…no drama came through France last night to Beaune, parked up for an 8 off, into Italy today, via Frejus arriving here at Susa at 17.00hrs… :sunglasses:

Geoff:
We got the permits from the circuit last week for this weekend and for the monday after the race. we only had a fax copy but thats better than nothing.Still costs us 3 williams caps at milan though.

It turns out we had a permit, but it was at the circuit. I got it to get us out of Italy on the Sunday. Not that we got stopped in either direction, but it would be nice to have the paperwork just in case you get stopped by the only Policeman in Italy who isn’t after a cap or t’shirt. :laughing:

However as Dave O’Donnel said we had no problems as we only went as far as Susa on Monday. Still don’t understand how I end up in room 101 yet again, seems to happen more times that can be explained by random maths. :question: :open_mouth:

P.S. We won, WE Won the [zb] Race.

First win for Isport and for Ernesto Viso in GP2.