Confused in italy

I feel very confused this morning (not always a new feeling :laughing: )
I’m parked in a motorway services in Italy on my way back to Spain but as its a bank holiday in France can’t go anywhere so I’ll take my 24 here.
now the confusing thing is when i went to sleep last night just after midnight there were plenty of other trucks around me now i wake up and they are all gone :confused: there was at least 2 french trucks and plenty of spanish :confused:
my confusion is this,

a) there is no ban today in france and I’m sat here like a lemon :blush:

b) there is a big queue of trucks sat at the border at Ventimiglia :confused:

c) there is a decent truckstop that I’ve never discovered and they’ve all gone there and left me :cry:

any ideas??

Gone up the Brenner and the long way home.

bigvern1:
Gone up the Brenner and the long way home.

not really an option for load milan to spain in a spanish truck :laughing: :laughing:

I’d go for option c. :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lkw-walter.co.uk/en/driving_ … tions.aspx

Sir +:
I’d go for option c. :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t do italy often john as we have certain trucks with telepass in them and i’ve just got the viacard but so far i haven’t found anywhere off the motorway network to park except on an ind est, any ideas would be welcome of a truckstop or suchlike between allessandria and ventimiglia :smiley:

harry:
Driving bans on public holidays - LKW WALTER (UK)

thanks harry, i knew it is a holiday in france hence my being confused as to where all the trucks are going along the fiori motorway? it only goes to france at ventimiglia :confused:

I know where you are but I can’t think of any truckstops on that coast road this side of the border. I used to do Italy- Portugal for De Rooy. I sent the link just to check out the ban.
De Rooy; Load NL for Porto, run empty Porto to Milan, load for Barna -head bangin’ job! & all on the hurry-up.
On the road you are on the Pavasis were about the best you could hope for.

harry:
I know where you are but I can’t think of any truckstops on that coast road this side of the border. I used to do Italy- Portugal for De Rooy. I sent the link just to check out the ban.
De Rooy; Load NL for Porto, run empty Porto to Milan, load for Barna -head bangin’ job! & all on the hurry-up.
On the road you are on the Pavasis were about the best you could hope for.

can’t even come off the motorway as most of the exits have restrictions on them to stop us popping to the beach :laughing: :laughing:

Used to use it 40 yrs ago to go to Rome when it was the Mille Miglia & even then truck stops were few & far between. There was the viaduct over Genoa but the rest wiggled its way thru all those little villages. The Italian aproach to the Vent was a series of hairpin bends thru tunnels on a narrow national road -great fun!

Had a bit of a google as I’m sure you have.Asked a couple of people,nobody I know seems to have a lot of knowledge of that area.Sorry I couldn’t be more constructive.If I find some info,I’ll obviously let you know.Are you being fed and watered?

Sir +:
Had a bit of a google as I’m sure you have.Asked a couple of people,nobody I know seems to have a lot of knowledge of that area.Sorry I couldn’t be more constructive.If I find some info,I’ll obviously let you know.Are you being fed and watered?

I’m ok john, got a fridge full of beer and sandwich stuff so thats not a problem plus the cafe here has those delicious (IMO) panini’s although i’m not a fan of italian coffee, never seems to be hot enough for my liking.
there’s a clean shower and obviously wifi so its not too bad :smiley:

The ban’s real enough unfortunately - Monsieur Plod was out in force last night north of Bordeaux. At one minute to ten some of them stuffed their scruffy old Megane in between me and a Hungarian euroliner and followed him to the aire de service half a mile up the road just to make sure he pulled in. They didn’t bother me thanks to 51 europallets of chilled in the trailer :sunglasses:

Enjoy yer Italian break, hope you get back home rapidly

~ Craig

Craig 111:
hope you get back home rapidly

thats the only bad thing, as much as i respect 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month I don’t think there should be a whole 24 hour restriction for trucks, I could have been home saturday afternoon now it’ll be tip monday then go to reload and maybe get home late monday night. tuesday and wednesday the wife’s in work and the daughters in school so not my favourite kind of break :cry:

There is a truckstop at Savona but Ive not been there for years. It used to be a Total I think and could be seen next to the peage.
Parking for more than 24 hours on the motorway in Italy is a no-no I thought. Well you can but they will put it on the toll charge for the motorway.

skids:
Parking for more than 24 hours on the motorway in Italy is a no-no I thought. Well you can but they will put it on the toll charge for the motorway.

Not sure if it’s a no-no but it certainly confuses them.

skids:
There is a truckstop at Savona but Ive not been there for years. It used to be a Total I think and could be seen next to the peage.

there’s a motorway services with an autogrill at savona but it is no way to be confused with a european truckstop, its a ■■■■■■■■ full of ■■■■■■ and arabs
as for the 24hour parking bit, I know its a no in portugal but i’ve had no problem in italy before.
in fact this morning my ticket from milan tangenziale to ventimiglia cost 61 euros from thurs afternoon to saturday morning and on the way up on thursday morning was 61 euros as well so no extra charge

I spent an Easter weekend at the Autopark at Aosta,spend a day up the mountain watching the skiers,and a snack at the restaurant at the top,sunbathing,they hand out sun cream up there.
The drivers menu is not good at the parking,cold food,not cheap,and rude staff that want to go home and clean up,it is a long walk to see the Roman ruins in Aosta.

toby1234abc:
I spent an Easter weekend at the Autopark at Aosta,spend a day up the mountain watching the skiers,and a snack at the restaurant at the top,sunbathing,they hand out sun cream up there.
The drivers menu is not good at the parking,cold food,not cheap,and rude staff that want to go home and clean up,it is a long walk to see the Roman ruins in Aosta.

Aosta is a bit of a long way round on the route to Spain

depends on how your brain works :slight_smile: this is a thread titled “confused in italy” and that reply is from confused toby…