Confused in italy

glenman:
depends on how your brain works :slight_smile: this is a thread titled “confused in italy” and that reply is from confused toby…

toby’s not confused its the rest of us that are confused and he’s the sane one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

now you have really lost the plot :slight_smile:

welshboyinspain:

glenman:
depends on how your brain works :slight_smile: this is a thread titled “confused in italy” and that reply is from confused toby…

toby’s not confused its the rest of us that are confused and he’s the sane one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Head injuries are not just for Christmas, they can last a lifetime.

as a conclusion to my original question it would seem that lots of drivers had no idea there was a holiday in france because as i drove towards the border saturday morning those little emergency laybys designed for 1 truck had 2 or even 3 :open_mouth: trucks in them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
when buying fuel later in the day in la jonquera a spanish driver asked me if i knew what the day off was for and when i told him he had no idea what the significance of the 11th day of the 11th month was :unamused: :unamused:

advertisementfeature.cnn.com/jag … iglia.html

Jaguar And Jeffrey in perfect harmony :stuck_out_tongue:

glenman:

Well it is Toby what do you Expect lol

Does anyone think that getting a decent meal in Italy is a pain,they shut too early,no large truck stops,it is only family owned Tavernas or Pizza places,and fast food outlets.
The only options would be on the toll road,for 24 hour,all year service.

toby1234abc:
Does anyone think that getting a decent meal in Italy is a pain,they shut too early,no large truck stops,it is only family owned Tavernas or Pizza places,and fast food outlets.
The only options would be on the toll road,for 24 hour,all year service.

Well unless things have changed a lot in the last few years, you are just looking in the wrong places Toby.
Where ever I go, I keep a map book open on the appropriate page (that’s a proper paper map, not one of those electronic things). When I pass a likely looking place I mark my map. If I’m in the area again, I can look at my map and see where a likely place is. There are plenty of good restaurants, if you keep your eyes open and your brain in gear, most with decent sized parking areas. You don’t need a large truckstop, you need a decent place to eat and somewhere to park within easy walking distance. Most factories etc in Italy have showers for drivers to use.
I’ve only had to resort to an Italian toll road service area once, that was on my very first trip to Italy.
I didn’t get all the way down Italy, the furthest I got was Taranto.