Help daf cf drivers

Hello all,
the boss has just bought 2 brand new 54 plate daf cf 380’s.They seem to come with there own cold water supply through the sunroof, has anyone got any suggestions on how to cure this i have had some ideas llike seal it up.
thanks

As the title suggests…ALL DAF drivers need help :laughing:

Weve got 26 DAF cf 85 units and WITHOUT FAIL everyone of them has had it’s own cold power shower :unamused: only way to cure them is a new seal kits and then you have to start showering at home again :laughing: :laughing:

try closing the sun roof :wink:

just needs a sunroof seal, £16 as i remember then 15 minutes to fit.

lurpak:
Hello all,
the boss has just bought 2 brand new 54 plate daf cf 380’s.They seem to come with there own cold water supply through the sunroof, has anyone got any suggestions on how to cure this i have had some ideas llike seal it up.
thanks

54 plate is not brand new :question: They are bloody old and is why the sun roof leaks :laughing:

There is a modified sunroof out now.

Loof at the drain gulleys if the front ones sweep backwards its the old style and of the front ones go sideways thats the new style i think!

Lynall

in the three and a half years i’ve had mine, the sunroof has only leaked once. i cured it by removing the branch that had caught in it while i was reversing…

londonerupnorth:
54 plate is not brand new

it’s newer than mine! :laughing:

mine used too leak till i sealed the whole thing up with tiger seal, aint leaked in 2 years now

I know its an old thread but the windscreen of mr r series leaks. my p reg citroen don’t! as the yanks would say go figure.

londonerupnorth:

lurpak:
Hello all,
thanks

54 plate is not brand new :question: They are bloody old and is why the sun roof leaks :laughing:

I was thinking the same thing :question: :question: :question:

a bit of vaseline rubbed on the seal at regular intervals seems to do the trick, but not sure about the long term effects it will have on the seal.
if it goes into a dealer for service just tell them when you drop it off.

thanks for your replys look like its a new seal kit and a tub of vaseline’, and it’s new paint that 's what i ment to say, who wants a zb digital tacho anyway

A windscreen leak on a DAF ■■? nah…

I had trouble of that sort with a Daf when I was pulling pallets on agency one fine and thundery evening. I drove into a cloudburst and by the time I had the sun-roof under manners, the tray on the centre console was half full of water and my phone was drowned in the bottom of it :cry: And, no, the muppets didn’t buy me a new phone.

my old CF 8 wheeler used to leak through the windscreen and the interior light
Nothin a gallon of petrol and sum matches won’t Sort out

a GALLON of petrol ■■? you must be on one hell of a wage mate

easy one this :slight_smile: 1’st park up,long ladder and fat git.unscrew sun roof hinge’s,get fatty to sit on sun roof :slight_smile: tighten up screws. you see after a time they become loose.anyway return to tractor unit take photo of fatty sitting on your cab :smiley: then submit picture to the drivers forum :exclamation: oh dont forget to get him of cab before driving off. if this fails buy wet suit from diving school :wink: and we can have good laugh at photo :wink: if you was to dismantle all defects of daf trucks,it would be called a wheel barrow,because thats all that would be left :smiley: :smiley:

all sorted now !!! the boss took one out and had a shower onthe first bend, hes got some seals coming :smiley: