Daf cf/foden alpha sky cab

has anyone had a problem with water ending up leaking in where the tacho is

lee mat:
has anyone had a problem with water ending up leaking in where the tacho is

yep, the seal round the sunroof may have cracked is letting water in, we used too seal ours with silicone and disconnet the switch to prevent the sunroof being opened, if you have a lightbar fitted i would reseal where the wiring loom enters the cab again too,

yes mine came back from a daf garage at whitwood Castleford and they said it was condensation :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: , I took the front panel off and stuffed a couple of tea towels in and left it.

jessicas dad:
yes mine came back from a daf garage at whitwood Castleford and they said it was condensation :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: , I took the front panel off and stuffed a couple of tea towels in and left it.

also did that aswell but dont forget too change them reguarly or they do tend too smell after a while

I thought its either of sunroof or condensation it seems to be running down some yellow wires behind the tacho which also made me think it maybe the roof lights leaking

lee mat:
I thought its either of sunroof or condensation it seems to be running down some yellow wires behind the tacho which also made me think it maybe the roof lights leaking

the yellow wires are prob the wires for roof lights

what age truck?

and what do the top marker lights look like?

55 plate foden the lights are the standard roof marker lights

It is better to use none setting beding sealant when refitting the sun roof surround ,you get it from caravan shops.

i know on teh DAF XF, and flat cab CF, it is an oblong marker, and the retards in the workshop tend to refit them upside down, and then they leak :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I will try and reseal the sunroof first chance I get but its locked down as its a pet regs truck