HELP any ideas!

hopefully someone can. i have not long took over my uncles company , as he has moved away. it is based in Knowsley Industrial Estate, Liverpool. We have on off work which is just keeping us afloat. I have 1 26t curatainside with sliding roof, 1 7.5t curtain and 2 long wheelbase vans. i know it might be a long shot but does anyone have any of you have any numbers or possible contacts who sub work out. anything considered doing either local, national or European as i have my int O license and experiance driving on the continent. many thanks Shaun ( nexxus Logistics )

May be worth asking around in the O/O forum?

Thanks just done it then so fingers crossed x bein out all week and trying to do paperwork aswell is doing my head in. i ask my missus to do it but she has’nt a clue ha ha

Good luck Shaun.

Ken.

why not get some flyers made up at the local printers and put one through every door on your local industrial estates. for the cost of a couple of thousand leaflets you may just get a few decent jobs.

Good luck mate…hope it pans out for you!

Join Link4couriers.com. It’s free and theres a wealth of knowledge and possible contacts for work for the vans and even the 7.5t

DFDS ( now DSV) used to be good for day work for curtainsiders or try any reasonably sized haulier close to you. TNT, Amtrak, DHL & even the likes of the venerable Mr Stobart need extra trucks.

Find your local pallet distributors and go see them.

Get some flyers done (can do your own on a computer if your good enough) and start tramping the local industrial estates and factories but be prepared for the rejections!

Hope it works out for you but it’s a very tough business and you could lose an awfull lot or you can stick it out and at least make a living! Good luck either way :smiley:

Come to think of it, there must be loads of potential customers on Knowsley Ind Est, right on your door step. Get out and knock on some doors ASAP! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

shaun0151:
hopefully someone can. i have not long took over my uncles company , as he has moved away. it is based in Knowsley Industrial Estate, Liverpool. We have on off work which is just keeping us afloat. I have 1 26t curatainside with sliding roof, 1 7.5t curtain and 2 long wheelbase vans. i know it might be a long shot but does anyone have any of you have any numbers or possible contacts who sub work out. anything considered doing either local, national or European as i have my int O license and experiance driving on the continent. many thanks Shaun ( nexxus Logistics )

Shaun, is your curtainsider with the sliding roof no good for that place (probably right by you) that does the woodchip/laminates? Sonae, is that the name?

thanks alot for all the suggestions, v helpful, i’m just local tomorrow so will pop around the estate and what’s the worst they could say? keep you all posted thanks again

zebadee:
Join Link4couriers.com. It’s free and theres a wealth of knowledge and possible contacts for work for the vans and even the 7.5t

Try this as well - not as big but you never know. shed5.co.uk/

Don’t forget to canvas in the areas where you do most of your work. You’ll have more chance of a backload.

Stan

tnt are always after o/d to run extra trailers into the hubs near kingsbury,may be worth a call

shaun. send me a pm so i know you’ve read this. i know just the man. good rates. also have you tried freight alerts?