Hello folks.

Hello everyone,

I recently passed my cat. C+E (not long after passing my cat. C). So, I thought I’d sign up to this forum and pop in to say hello. I’ve got myself a job as a tanker driver, and I start on Monday. So fingers crossed it should all go well, especially after the agency work I’ve been “getting”, it’s nice to finally get a full-time job. Regular work is good stuff. :sunglasses:

hHi and welcome to TRUCKNET UK when you have settled inat your new job we wil be hopeing that you will be posting how it all going,

Will do. :slight_smile:

Well done on passing the tests and then getting a job so quickly, it can be a real problem for some.
Good luck with the job and as Brit Pete said keep us posted on you progress. :wink:

Well, although I officially start work on Monday, I popped into today to do a run with one of the other drivers, so I know the routine. It all went pretty well, he showed me what I would be doing, some places for fueling up, and taking breaks on the route… etc. Also, I found out the truck I’m going to be driving. It’s a Volvo FM12, and I had a drive of it today to get used to handling the tanker unladen, and with a load in it. :sunglasses: Apart from the bout of sea sickness when you stop at traffic lights, it’s pretty straight-forward. :wink:

Croeso i TrucknetUK a Cymru buddy! Keep that mint sauce to yourself :laughing:

WHAT type of work will you be doing ADR-HAZ or FOOD Products or just
NON-HAZERDOUS;
As for simple sorry you will change your mind I do belive a little bit later on,also Rember all ways to use the Handbrake when you stop any where as
the movement of your load if you have no baffels fitted will ensure that you keep on moveing, and when you take a bend or corner it will handle diferently to a tilt, are you going out MONDAY with some who will be showing you the ropes, On this site arequite a few tanker drivers who will be able to help you out if you have any questions that require answer,

Hello Gardun, how’s things? :smiley:

Brit Pete:

The tanker I’m driving is non-hazardous sewerage sludge at the moment, but the company I’m working for also do tanker other things. The driver I was with today told me he’s been tankering acid too. I do have my ADR though, for all the classes except radiation, and explosives. 1 and 7, off the top of my head. :open_mouth:

I was pretty sure I was told that UK tankers must have baffle plates fitted to them, unlike other countries where they’re not always compulsary. I could feel the difference with the load in the tank, where it wobbled about quite a bit on corners. I just made sure I slowed down, and gave myself plenty of time. I also made sure I put the hand brake on when I did stop, but I could feel the cab bouncing about with the suspension, from the load swishing about in the tank. Quite an odd feeling.

On Monday, I’ll be having someone with me in the cab for the week to help me learn the ropes. Infact, it’s the guy I was with today. He’s been giving me plenty of pointers anyway, so I should pick it up ok. :slight_smile:

It’s nice to know that there is a site like this where I can come to talk to other folks about any problems, or questions I might have. :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet UK and congratulations
regarding the test passes and the job :smiley:

Cheers! :smiley:

Hello folks. Bit of an update…

I’ve driven my second week in the job now, and it’s been pretty good so far, apart from looking like a zombie driving down the A449 to hereford at 5am every morning. :open_mouth: I think I could probably drive the route with my eyes closed now, although I don’t think I’ll be trying it. Far too many accidents, and speed camera vans I’ve seen on my travels in the last two weeks.

I took a quick picture of my truck for you all to see.

It’s going ok, apart from some nutter smashing my driverside mirror last Wednesday, by attempting to squeeze his rigid DAF 55 past me down a very narrow hill at a high speed. By the time I’d pushed my mirror back out to where it was supposed to be, he’d driven off around the corner. So I had to phone the transport manager with the good news. I could see through it, it just didn’t look very attractive. :cry:

All in all though, it’s a good experience. :smiley:

Why have you blocked your reg?

Just habit, I’ve done it before when I’ve taken pictures of my car and other people’s cars. It’s a Y-reg though, if you’re wondering. :stuck_out_tongue:

SheepOnMintSauce:
Just habit

But why?

Rob K:

SheepOnMintSauce:
Just habit

But why?

Paranoia, guess he thinks somebody wants to clone his car. :unamused: :unamused: