Job for a Newbie

This morning I was offered a job driving artics (tippers and tankers) just 8 days after passing my C+E test. It was pointed out to me by the transport manager that he was taking a big risk on me and I understand that and I will do my best not to let him down.

So for all you newbies out there, stay positive, keep plugging away with CV’s and phone calls and you will get there in the end.

I am so looking forward to getting started in a little over a week. Now the real life learning begins :smiley:

Night Spirit:
This morning I was offered a job driving artics (tippers and tankers) just 8 days after passing my C+E test. It was pointed out to me by the transport manager that he was taking a big risk on me and I understand that and I will do my best not to let him down.

So for all you newbies out there, stay positive, keep plugging away with CV’s and phone calls and you will get there in the end.

I am so looking forward to getting started in a little over a week. Now the real life learning begins :smiley:

Congratulations! If it’s paid by the load be careful not to overdo it since I guess you’ll be fully loaded a lot of the time. :slight_smile:

Congratulations and good luck fella

Remember the 40 SC limit doesn’t apply to lorries with tipping gear :slight_smile:

Thanks guys,

I just can’t wait to get going now. Maybe do a diary of my first week.

Tipper Tom:
Congratulations and good luck fella

Remember the 40 SC limit doesn’t apply to lorries with tipping gear :slight_smile:

LAD! hahaha

Well done mate :sunglasses:

How did the job come about? Did you get lucky by calling in / phoning up or was the job advertised?

Well done mate

A first week diary would be great insight for newbies

The job was advertised but I had done my training with this company.

They were advertising for experienced drivers with ADR. I applied with no experience or ADR and got it!!