Hello All

Hi All

I’ve just joined the forum after having surfed and gleaned as much knowledge as possible so I thought it only polite to say hello :slight_smile:

I like many others here have decided to become an LGV driver which for me is a complete change of career and a little bit daunting. This forum has certainly made my choices easier and I have managed to avoid many of the learner driver pit falls so thanks for that. I’m not totally new to transport though as I worked for a major breakdown company for 20 years and have moved thousands of cars in all conditions all around the UK on flatbeds, car trailers and spec lifts.

Unfortunately my C test was cancelled last Saturday and has been re-arranged for this week but I think that one will be cancelled too as the snow is still coming down here :cry: This was a real shame as I spent all week training getting ready and I’m sure the break will have an effect on my driving. I think I’ll pay for an extra lesson just to make sure I’m definitely ready.
I’ve decided to go all the way and get my C+E before signing up with a few agencies and hopefully if I show them that I am a good reliable worker things will work out.

Here’s to my new career :slight_smile: (Oh once I’ve actually got a licence :blush: )

Cheers

m4rky

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome m4rky :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for C+E, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Who are you training with?

m4rky:
I spent all week training getting ready and I’m sure the break will have an effect on my driving.

No worries - a good warm up drive and it will all come back to you - no different from those that do a retest.

m4rky:
I’ve decided to go all the way and get my C+E before signing up with a few agencies and hopefully if I show them that I am a good reliable worker things will work out.

A read of THIS POST may be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Hi Rog thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Yep that post is really good advice but i forgot to say that I am being made redundant at the end of this month but I may have to take other work for a while too whilst I get driving experience

welcome to the mad house

it may be a good idea to take another lesson before your test just to be safe as cheaper than a test

animal:
it may be a good idea to take another lesson before your test just to be safe as cheaper than a test

A good driving school will give plenty of pre test revision where a test has been cancelled.

m4rky - is it a good school that you are training with?

ROG:
m4rky - is it a good school that you are training with?

Yes they were recomended on this forum and I have found their instruction to be very good. I will be having an hour lesson before the test but I was thinking about just having one more lesson also?

Talk to your trainer. They will be all too familiar with this situation. Rog is quite correct; most good trainers will give a bit away as a sign of goodwill. I will always try to do a deal along the lines of BOGOF. You pay for an hour, I’ll give you another (and some maybe). It’s no-one’s fault when the weather does this do us - it’s just a matter of sorting it all out to the candidate’s advantage.

Good luck :laughing: :laughing:

Hi m4rky,

Peter Smythe:
Rog is quite correct;

I say; steady-on Peter.
:laughing: :wink: Mind you, I suppose there’s a first time for everything!! :grimacing:

:open_mouth: Oh look, my taxi is here already!!

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Well its all sorted now - I’m out for 1.5 hours with my trainer tomorrow morning and then straight onto my test

I just need to keep my nerves under control and do the best I can