Health & safety at rdc's

can anyone advise as to what is the rules are governing these places ,they seem to ignore the laws as they wish,with regards to going round the wrong way and parking anywhere. :slight_smile:

This should be in the jokes forum… :unamused:

The tip is, that YOU have to obey the rules, and They don’t.

Their own staff blatantly ignore rules like “Hi-viz on at all times” and “One Way”.

If you follow their example, you’ll get in trouble. Good isn’t it?

As Allikat said - one rule fro them and one for us!
I frequently get reminded and warned about wearing a hard hat (I hate them) by a supervisor who hardly ever wears his. Also the boss is often seen wandering around without one. If we don’t wear them the forkies refuse to tip us :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
When it rains the floor of our hub is like a skating rink - flt’s sliding around all over the place :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Remind him of Section 3 of the H & S at work act gardun, it covers “Others” i.e. non employees & it say’s everyone should be treated equal & rules should not differ for “Others”.

I was ready a recent back issue of Truck and Driver the other night and there was a letter detailing what to do in these circumstances - something along the lines of asking for a copy of the liability insurance and the H&S procedures involve - if I can find it again i will post it.

What miffs me, is when you have to ask one one the brainless jobsworths WHAT IS the procedure, and they get Narked off with you for be a stupid driver… :confused:
Do I have to go hang the keys on the bay…■■ Press a button…■■? go out this way or that…■■

They always give the information with a huff or a sigh… :unamused: as if they’re teaching you the three times tables… :angry: :angry:

They seem to forget that just about EVERY RDC has a DIFFERENT set of procedures… :imp: Even ones from the same company… :open_mouth: :imp:

The whole business is a mess, and we’re the ones that get the brunt of peoples dissatisfaction… :confused: :confused:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

gardun:
When it rains the floor of our hub is like a skating rink - flt’s sliding around all over the place :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oh heck, must be that place at Ellistown gardun!!! Gets awfully wet there sometimes too lol…

Canteen aint bad though :smiley:

Martin:

gardun:

Oh heck, must be that place at Ellistown gardun!!! Gets awfully wet there sometimes too lol…

Canteen aint bad though :smiley:

Canteenâ– â– ? Not in Tyburn mate!! A coffee machine is all you get!!

Tesco’s RDC’S is one of the worse for these totally ridiculous H&S Rules!!!
They inisist we wear HI-Viz etc … then drive round the yard like they are on speed!! Their shunters totally disregard the one way rule

I recently informed one of their Bosses … “If your drivers didn’t drive round this depot like it was Le Mans, then no one would need to wear Hi Viz” He wasn’t happy with that

glad to see i an not the only who gets ■■■■■■ off with these places, yesterday (sat 6/11/04) spent four hours unloading at tesco’s rdc at snodland. :frowning:

Ragtop:
The whole business is a mess, and we’re the ones that get the brunt of peoples dissatisfaction… :confused: :confused:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Sorry Chrissie to criticise, but I think you spelt something wrong there, the word MESS should be spelt FARCE. :smiley: :smiley:

Brian Rix couldn’t have done better. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sorry guys being a newbie driver but what is an RDC? :blush:

regional distribution centre

pam

PMAC:
sorry guys being a newbie driver but what is an RDC? :blush:

A place to be avoided at all costs :smiley: :smiley: