RDCs again

Im at M&S Nuneaton run by dirtytriangle, talk about belt and braces?
vehicle on the bay,immobiliser on airline,keys to security, driver
must go to "rest room"asked why cant i sit in the cab? sorry thats
the rules, I ask myselfwhat is the point where can I go with airline locked
and the keys at security? To top it all no hot food onsite and the coffee
machine is bring your own cup! how when its locked in the cab?

Already a big thread about this. Post here - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53194&start=120&hilit=RDCS :slight_smile:

Why moan about Supermarket NDC’s Think how many job’s in transport are created by them in just supplying them with goods. A lot of companies would cease to exist with out them.Every body know about the H&S at these places if you sit there for XXXX amount of hour’s you still get paid. OK owner/drivers get ■■■■■■ off because they need to get their next load sorted but they take the job on and they know they can be there for hours like i say why moan.

I’ve got an idea. Fill an ibc full of concrete, or water, the fork lift driver who’s aimlessly moving blues around the yard puts it in front of you, and moves it when its time to go. You keep the keys, you stay in the cab, the lorry stays on the bay. Simples!

Drop the trailer on the bay, and then go in with your notes worth a try some depots allow this.

mike68:
some depots allow this.

That’s my biggest gripe with these places, why cant they all do things the same way - or at least have the decency to explain it to you rather than trying to make you look small because you’ve no idea what’s expected of you.

Went to Lidl at Weston-s-m today. Never been before and they told me it’s a tip yourself job! Not liking this one bit TBH. Yeah of course I’m capable, but that’s not the point. Surely there’s some H&S bull about this sort of thing. My “training” consisted of the pimply youth grunting and pointing at the fork thingy whilst his I-pod blasted out some dirge I couldn’t make out.