Headtorch

I see drivers when doing their walk around checks, using more and more of these headtorches instead of a hand torch, thereby freeing up their hands to check things like wheel nuts, tyre tread etc.

Any recommendations for these products, as there are so many out there with varying degrees of brightness?

Ken.

google ‘‘alpkit’’ they sell a brilliant one that i use all the time and theyre cheap.

I use one myself…I reckon best places to find them will be in camping/surplus stores, got mine from Kuwait and it still goes well after 5 years of using it!

Quinny:
I see drivers when doing their walk around checks, using more and more of these headtorches instead of a hand torch, thereby freeing up their hands to check things like wheel nuts, tyre tread etc.

Any recommendations for these products, as there are so many out there with varying degrees of brightness?

Ken.

Hard hat,snake belt and a candle.
Hey presto . . . cheap +functional.Keeps your head warm aswell :laughing:
Viz top tips :sunglasses:

Not only can talk like a ■■■■, you can look like one too :wink: :sunglasses: :wink:

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928333,-3.269654
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

I bought one of these a couple of years ago still going strong, gooutdoors.co.uk/petzl-tikki … ch-p103511
Petzl supply the M.O.D with headtorches so i guess they must be ok, not cheap though.

gooutdoors.co.uk/petzl-tikka … ch-p103509 This model is 40 lumens, the one above is 23 lumens

Try Poundland or I think I saw them in Discount UK. It clip’s onto a baseball cap & has 5 LED lights. Don’t know about any other discount store’s you might be lucky.

I have a couple of head torches for various situations.
I always have 1 in my camping kit when I go away camping in the summer, another in the glove box of my motorbike, and of course 1 in my work bag. for the cheapo version, tesco sell them in store for £5.99 (Catalogue number: 212-8566) http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.212-8566.aspx. Whichever head torch you choose, make sure you carry spare rechargeable batteries as they use batteries at a fair rate, as its easy to put it in your bag and not realise its switched itself on while rolling around inside

Aldi/Lidl often have LED ones in for about a fiver. Bought a couple from there three or four years ago, still going strong and rarely have to change batteries (3xAAA) but as said keep spares.

Invaluable for me cos I get a fair bit of handball at remote barns.

Buy a cheap led one from tesco’s.
Trouble with expensive ones is if you lose/break them, your gutted!

Quinny:

Ken.

I had one given to me by a bloke in my local but that’s another story, anyway I much prefer to do my early morning checks with a torch It’s easier I find cos you gotta keep bending your neck to look at things with one of those head thingys.

I have one in my bedroom so I can read in bed without the big light on, and one always in my box of tricks, fishing torches are great but bulky and expensive.

Tesco

Best off just getting cheapish one for five or ten quid,good one’s always seem to get broke/lost!

I got one from Morrisons, it was only £3 or something, good quality.

I cant find a name on mine but they are a pair of safety glasses with built in lights that come on when opening the arms, brilliant get as close as you like and no dirt in your eyes. halfords or speedy hire i think.

ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-300L-5W-Zo … 39#ht_1815
by far the brightest headtorch ive used…i use one for fishing and work

I find a headtorch is so much easier when working, it leaves both hands free to use my garotte

I used to import them in a prior life. About 80lumens and 20hrs use off 3 AAAs. If you pm me your address I probably have one spare kicking round.

I got one of these ebay.co.uk/itm/Faithfull-11- … 5ae4163302

Since I wear a baseball cap all my working day its really useful, as I need to do my checks in the dark, and I work in some pretty dark places throughout the day.

Scarab:
I used to import them in a prior life. About 80lumens and 20hrs use off 3 AAAs. If you pm me your address I probably have one spare kicking round.

Hi Scarab

Your a gent.

PM sent.