Recomendation for work torch

Has any-one got a recommendation for a decent TOUGH work torch for doing those early morning walk-round checks :question:
I’ve had one of those big yellow 1million candle power re-chargeable ones for a few yrs … finally fallen to bits - having been dropped once too often :blush: :blush:
There’s loads on Fleabay etc … just wondered if any-one could give recommendation for one :question: :question:

30002bb.jpg

i didnt think you had to do checks when it was dark you learn something everyday

Now for a sensible answer i have purchased countless torches then i got an inspection lamp from a well known DIY store for a fiver and guess what its the best torch ive owned

ebay.co.uk/itm/121422121910? … EBIDX%3AIT

These are brilliant, fit in your pocket and very bright;
ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-7W-300LM- … SwAYtWNnC8

I prefer those little head torch’s, as it enables you to have both hands free if you need to adjust curtains, straps etc

I had a good little one with a magnet on the end but whilst hooking I must of caught it on the back of cab and it’s still probably there.

Brought a couple of those LED lights with the magnet on the back for when I’m in the back of my trailer, sweeping out but when I came to use it, the ■■■■ thing wouldn’t stick to anything. Stupid aluminium trailer!!!

Did have a mag light, bloody good torch which doubled up as a good baton if needed but left the sodding thing on the back of my unit while I shut the trailer door and drive off like a ■■■■. Last time I spend £40 on a torch!

After reading the OP,I did a quick Google and came up with this site
ukpreppersguide.co.uk/best-l … ght-torch/

Not only a good torch guide,but a fascinating site overall…I thought that only the Yanks were into this :open_mouth:

I use one of these very bright and zooms in and out.

ebay.co.uk/itm/301781089303? … EBIDX%3AIT

peirre:
I prefer those little head torch’s, as it enables you to have both hands free if you need to adjust curtains, straps etc

No doubt Dipper Dave has one of these for inspecting curtains etc. :wink: :laughing:

Same kinda thing…
ebay.co.uk/itm/2200LM-XM-L-Z … 1419108519

Can`t fault it.

Keep an eye in Lidll,
They sometimes have the LED/magnet torch and the one with headband and both can be got for under £10 inc batteries!!!

rambo19:
These are brilliant, fit in your pocket and very bright;
ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-7W-300LM- … SwAYtWNnC8

My torch is exactly the same but a bit bigger. This style doubles as a torch and weapon supposedly although I am not sure of the idea behind the weapon side of it.

Any cree torch will do but make sure it comes with the 18650 battery because they are tricky to get hold of outside eBay

I have one of those little LED torches out of Poundland. Good bright light and small enough to hold in your mouth when you need both hands free. Biggest bonus is it won’t break the bank if you lose it. :wink:

scanny77:
My torch is exactly the same but a bit bigger.

:open_mouth: :smiley:

Who straps a torch to their head and walks round the truck doing their daily checks ffs :laughing:

I bet you guys are popular in your yard :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-CRE … SwBLlVB58-

I use one of these. It’s good for stage hand work and checking the truck over.

The weapon side of it is at the end of the torch. The metal is carved out so you can slam it in to the side of someones head (allegedly)

SuperMultiBlue:
Who straps a torch to their head and walks round the truck doing their daily checks ffs :laughing:

Me …
Though I only need to wear it for a few minutes, leaving my hands free, and you don’t have to stick a dirty torch in ya gob while strapping down or sweeping out the back of the trailer

Cheap as chips cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/65034/ … dp/LA04780
And probably cheaper in lidl or tesco. So if you loose it you won’t break out in a sweat

peirre:

SuperMultiBlue:

Me …
Though I only need to wear it for a few minutes, leaving my hands free, and you don’t have to stick a dirty torch in ya gob while strapping down or sweeping out the back of the trailer

Cheap as chips cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/65034/ … dp/LA04780
And probably cheaper in lidl or tesco. So if you loose it you won’t break out in a sweat

+1… Used to self tip my curtainsider which wasnt furnished with internal lighting. For a nice bright, heavy torch (or a cosh with added bulbs!) when wandering around in an empty yard, I got a single of these, £13 and a Snap-On for me turnip, which is also zoomable and multi functional (zoom,brightness adjustment etc) and also came from Costco for about £9