Have i been stitched up? by the agency?

:unamused: mmm what would you say, me still classing myself as a greenhorn as only been in the game a year, i have had various work from a agency that seem ok , but listen to this an see what you think, i work for the same client reguarly no probs, however this shift i am offered 4am start class1 to wales an back, fair enough. i turn up at the site 3.30am told no trucks goin they all gone maybe its at our other site, i drive there 4 miles, then told no not here and told to go home, i get back to bed after being out 1-1/2 hours for nothing, then fone the agency an tell them what happened at 9am, then i get a call at 1pm askeing if i will go at 2pm, i say no i been up too long and would be too tired and had a drink also so no. they say they will put in 8 hours for me, but whether they will pay it is another thing. anyway a month later i never got a bean, my longtime driver friends tell me the agency wouldve got the money from the client and they have kept it! do you agree and what should i do about it? :cry: :imp:

If they work the same as most other agencies that I’ve read about on this site then you are legally entitled to 8 hours pay for that day - ask the agency where your money is, verbally first (keep it friendly as it could be a genuine oversight) and then in writing if needs be.

First write them a letter explaining that you want paying within 7 days or you will sue them in the small claims court. If you suffer from a lack of work from them due to your potential court action then you will claim future earnings from them.
If they don’t pay sue them. :wink:

Might be worth asking the company if they paid the agency also. As you’ve worked for them regularly I’m sure they’d be interested.

yep i will go there tomorow when i finish, my trouble is i am too polite till i lose it then get myself in trouble, i think they may see this as a nice little earner my wages an their bit on top, this was 3 weeks ago now so not too long i hope, i will be polite and say i have been told this by various proffessionals in the game. i am not worried about them being funny as i have a permanent job that i decided not to tell them about just incase the 1st week didnt go well, but i think i still wont tell them untill the outcome of this, if i dont get my money i may name an shame them , but that may put me out of any future work with them? if ever required. but i dont like being turned over. i know business is business but not at my expense :imp:

The fact that there was no truck at your first job,is not your problem.You turn up in good faith,and then go home,they should pay you,although I would have rung them as soon as I was leaving,to keep them in the picture,and cover your arse.It matters not that you ring at 4am to tell them,after all,they work on a 24 hour basis.I know,I work as an agency driver as well.Or if you wanted to,you could have sent a text,which may have been better,as there is then a record of it.They want to thank YOU,for not claiming the extra mileage as well!!! :angry:

As for the 2nd job,well if you did that,you should be paid 8 hours for that as well,as they would have been paid by that client.

Just a word of warning,finally.

If you go to a job,and this happens,make out a timesheet,and get the customer to sign it,and make a note on the timesheet what happened.Mark on your 8 hours,and keep a copy for yourself,after you have sent the agency theirs.That way you have a cast iron record,should it go nasty.

Speak to them first,then if you get no reply,write to them,but be polite about both approaches.

Ken.

Most agencies have a member of staff on call 24/7 with a mobile number,any problems,call them immediately!