Happy birthday to me soon, 1st medical due

Crikey… almost about to hit 45 and im going to have to take a medical.

My health is ok, apart from my asthma everything is fine but like many others here im a tad on the heavy side.

Im over six foot and 21 stone, would that in itself be something to worry about or is the extra weight not an issue ?

Check out the cheap medicals thread before you book a medical

I assume you had yur last medical more then 5 years ago?

Well i,m 6’2" and 15 and half stone and mine was ok apart from the usual high blood pressure reading which i allways get on these occasions. They tell me to chill out but i can’t, don’t know why!! Had extra checks and all is fine, just can’t give the good reading when they want it :cry: :cry:

grabster:

My health is ok, apart from my asthma everything is fine but like many others here im a tad on the heavy side.

Im over six foot and 21 stone, would that in itself be something to worry about or is the extra weight not an issue ?

Depends really you might be advised to lose a few pounds, (But having the medical should see to that £ cha ching :laughing:)
It all depands if your weight has lead to other medical conditions.
I’m 5’11" and 13st, but apparently that’s overweight on the BMI index, however my doctor couldn’t say to much he’s right bloater. :laughing:

hi grabstar, tootman318. just reading about medical. i agree weight should not be prob. as you were saying about blood presure i am same as tootman soon as igo doc rises/. i have got my med jan and because i take a blood press tablet they want 3 reading from previos visits to doc. we dont use our own doc for med as they want 100 pounds. there is alocal doc who does nothing else but but H G V AND P S V FOR 40 POUNDS REGARDS CHARLIE

Just had mine, I am 61, 6’4" and 15 1/2 stone which according to a nurse (I had a health check a month previously) was 2 stone overweight, however the Doc wasn’t bothered at all. The nurse also reckoned that my Blood Pressure was high but again the Doc was OK with it, ideally you need to get to the surgery with plenty of time to spare so as to relax a little as you are bound to be anxious which in turn puts your Blood Pressure up.

Pete.

Got to have medical next year, how soon before the big day do you have to get it done :question:

6’2" and heavier than i was before i started on boxes :wink: ,

Had my 45 th year medical last year 6’ 2" and 13 1/2 stone and a tad overweight believe it or not. It’s the weeing in the bottle which can throw up problems I think, I was ok though.

Well its been 15 years and about 4 stone since i took my original medical.
Im not 45 till april so i have a few months to shed a few pounds.
Here in Ulster there doesnt seem too be any options rather than your own gp for medicals so its gonna cost the princely sum of £80 to be humiliated by my fitness freak gp.

How long is it safe to leave it to make sure i dont lose my entitlement ?

grabster:

Me just done mine. £60.00 for the Med at my docs and the dosh went into his bacl pocket lol

Peter