Handsfree

Probably not the right place to put this and probably been asked a thousand times, but here goes;
I’m after a handsfree kit that you can connect more than one phone to. Anyone got any recommendations thanks :slight_smile:

I have got a couple of these and they work really well

iTech Arrow X

if you google the name you should find what your looking for if not try dual bluetooth headset on ebay thats where i got mine from

:smiley:

I have this one and run 2 phones of without any problem. It also charges using the same usb charge as my Blackberry and HTC.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/057719/c_1/1|category_root|Office%2C+PCs+and+phones|14418968/Trail/searchtext>BLUETOOTH.htm

I bought the Aventalk Multi piont a week ago from Tesco, cost £20 and you can connect two phones at the same time and do conference calling between three people at once.

avantalk.com/products02.php?id=24

I have been using it a week and it works well, I just clip it to the hand grab above the drivers door and it works great.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

If you’re thinking of an installed system, there’s a Parrot unit that fits
your requirements.

madguy:
I bought the Aventalk Multi piont a week ago from Tesco, cost £20 and you can connect two phones at the same time and do conference calling between three people at once.

I have been using it a week and it works well, I just clip it to the hand grab above the drivers door and it works great.

How is the sound quality on that, I had something similar but it sounded crap, so I just use my satnav now - which I always have with me - but the sound isn’t the best and would like something a bit better.

waynedl:

madguy:

How is the sound quality on that, I had something similar but it sounded crap, so I just use my satnav now - which I always have with me - but the sound isn’t the best and would like something a bit better.

Sound is really good and i’m deaf in one ear, tried lots and didnt want one of those eye piece ones cause they make you look a D**K.

I have to phone in every delivery and collection and they have no problem hearing me and the missus says she can hear me as well, gonna buy one for the missus car now i found it that good.

Very easy to connect, all done on the phone and like i said two phones connected at the same time and £20 cheaper than £60 fine and three pionts!

I went the opposite way and bought myself a phone that handles two sim cards:

29.90 on ebay. Good sound quality, mp3 player (handles 8gb microSD), advanced bluetooth (it exports phone book and calls history - something that my previous phone, sony walkman did not supported), standard 3.5 mm jack for headphones/aux in your car, standard USB socket for charger, good loudspeeker, flashlight :slight_smile: and battery holds for almost a week despite that I am using it as mp3 player in my car. It finds network where better phones say that they are out of range.

Good thing in it compared to leading brand is that you don’t need to switch between the cars, you just have two “green” buttons so you can choose which one to call at any time.

Dowside: it looks crap, its feels crap (well, it is some indian crap) and no android or any advanced system, but it does the job very well and you don’t need to carry two phones with you or any chargers (only thing I need is 3.5 mm cable, that I have in my aux socket in my car and usb cable + cigarette-to-usb converter to charge it. And (but I guess it disadvantage only for me) only English and Hindu, no other languages :slight_smile:

And it cost pennies, so if you damage it, you can just buy another one. I used smartphones before and I came to that I will be using cheap phones and for the money I save, I buy myself a proper netbook so I can use internet like a civilised man with big keyboard and reasonable screen.

orys:
I went the opposite way and bought myself a phone that handles two sim cards:

29.90 on ebay. Good sound quality, mp3 player (handles 8gb microSD), advanced bluetooth (it exports phone book and calls history - something that my previous phone, sony walkman did not supported), standard 3.5 mm jack for headphones/aux in your car, standard USB socket for charger, good loudspeeker, flashlight :slight_smile: and battery holds for almost a week despite that I am using it as mp3 player in my car. It finds network where better phones say that they are out of range.

Good thing in it compared to leading brand is that you don’t need to switch between the cars, you just have two “green” buttons so you can choose which one to call at any time.

Dowside: it looks crap, its feels crap (well, it is some indian crap) and no android or any advanced system, but it does the job very well and you don’t need to carry two phones with you or any chargers (only thing I need is 3.5 mm cable, that I have in my aux socket in my car and usb cable + cigarette-to-usb converter to charge it. And (but I guess it disadvantage only for me) only English and Hindu, no other languages :slight_smile:

And it cost pennies, so if you damage it, you can just buy another one. I used smartphones before and I came to that I will be using cheap phones and for the money I save, I buy myself a proper netbook so I can use internet like a civilised man with big keyboard and reasonable screen.

Peoblem is,its still illegal to answer it without a handsfree kit which i think was the piont, also we have different work phones everyday so i never know which phone i would have and then i would have to go through tha hassle of taking the sim card out etc, which means if this phone got lost i would have to explain to the boss why the sim card wasnt in the works phone…

madguy:
Peoblem is,its still illegal to answer it without a handsfree kit which i think was the piont,

Yes, but if you have phone like that, you need only a handsfree kit that supports one handset at time. But in your case it makes indeed no sense.

orys:

madguy:
Peoblem is,its still illegal to answer it without a handsfree kit which i think was the piont,

Yes, but if you have phone like that, you need only a handsfree kit that supports one handset at time. But in your case it makes indeed no sense.

But surely the piont is that you would have to buy the phone at £30 and a hands free at around £20 total £50

If you just buy the hands free kit that accepts two phones at the same time for £20 you make a saving?

madguy:

orys:

madguy:

But surely the piont is that you would have to buy the phone at £30 and a hands free at around £20 total £50

If you just buy the hands free kit that accepts two phones at the same time for £20 you make a saving?

Yeah. But I have hands free set that support one phone for 7.99 :wink: It sits in cigarette socket and it plays also mp3 via audio system :wink:

So if your choice is to buy some fancy hands free for 50, this option can be worth considering. (I am not sure how much you have pay for handsfree set that supports two phones)

Btw, I just recalled my sat nav (Navigon) supports two phones as an hands free.

Madguy states he can hold a three way confrence surely anybody talking to and listning to another two cant possibly be concentrating on driving at the same time. Eddie.

erfguy:
Madguy states he can hold a three way confrence surely anybody talking to and listning to another two cant possibly be concentrating on driving at the same time. Eddie.

Why not? I used to drive a 16 seater, that gave upto a 17 way conversation whilst driving and no accidents and no problems. :unamused:

In your world, does eating an apple = dangerous driving or driving without due care?

■■■

orys:

madguy:

orys:

madguy:

Yeah. But I have hands free set that support one phone for 7.99 :wink: It sits in cigarette socket and it plays also mp3 via audio system :wink:

So if your choice is to buy some fancy hands free for 50, this option can be worth considering. (I am not sure how much you have pay for handsfree set that supports two phones)

Btw, I just recalled my sat nav (Navigon) supports two phones as an hands free.

Getting confused now, The hands free kit is £20 from tesco, can connect to two phones at once and it can hold a three way conversation if your mad enough to want to do it, i personally wouldnt but its up to you.

The original topic which was about a hands free kit that connects to two phones is getting a bit lost now but hopefully you have had a few ideas to play with.

Madguy. :smiling_imp:

madguy:
The original topic which was about a hands free kit that connects to two phones is getting a bit lost now but hopefully you have had a few ideas to play with.
Madguy. :smiling_imp:

That might be something new for you, but here on Trucket we often share our experiences with others, even if they are not strictly answering someone’s question. That way someone can learn new options that he never thought before, or just can choose from wider spectrum of options. I am not telling that everyone should do as I did, but I am happy with my solution and I am happy to share it with others as well in case that someone will like it as well. The choice is yours (or OP’s).

madguy:

+1 I got one last week too and it’s a good bit of kit well worth the 20 quid.

Thetaff:

madguy:

+1 I got one last week too and it’s a good bit of kit well worth the 20 quid.

Taff, we all know why you got a hands free kit, and it has got nothing to do with the new phone laws :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
Taff, we all know why you got a hands free kit, and it has got nothing to do with the new phone laws :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have no idea what you mean!! :sunglasses: :laughing:

Keeps you from nodding off tho :wink: