Mobile phone hands free kits

I am in need of a hands free kit for my Nokia 3410.

It’s a non bluetooth phone,and because it’s for the truck,a proper hands free kit,is out of the question,unless my boss wants to stump up for one,(You’ve more chance of platting fog.) and I hate those little wire type ones,that cost about 99p.

I was thinking about the Car Baby, (Anyone got/used one?) or a boom mic,and I’ll also need a holder to keep hold of the phone,preferably a one that has a sucker for the window.

So what do we all recommend,where can I buy said items,and at what price?

Ken.

Ken have a butchers on Maplins website!!!
you will be suprised what they sell!!

mostly good gear an-all
www.maplin.co.uk

why not just get a big elastic band and put it over your head with said phone attached :laughing: :laughing:

or you could try fleabay

simon

Do you think a big rubber band round your head, holding your phone to ear would meet VOSA regulations ?
regaards derek

trucking482002:
Do you think a big rubber band round your head, holding your phone to ear would meet VOSA regulations ?
regaards derek

here in good old Great Briton, someone would have a winge about it !

I have one of those car babies, it works thru’ the radio, what a pile of rubbish :frowning: Would not recomend it at all.

The universal clip on kits, are pretty good but you need a reasonably quiet enviroment when using it.

Best to use one of the 99p kits you hate.

Ken, get yourself down to Huddersfield market. They do the boom type that clips behind your ear for a fiver. I’ve had one for about 6 months now and it’s brilliant. I don’t have a holder for the phone, but when I had the FH12 I’d sit my 3310 in the dip where the door opener is.

I’d imagine you’d find them at Dewsbury market too although I’ve never been. Also, that’s your best place to get a cheap phone holder as well :astonished:

:slight_smile:

Thanks guys.Most informative so far,although the rubber band solution maybe not quite what I’m looking for. :laughing:

I think a trip to Dewsbury market this morning maybe in order,as I actually mentioned it to the wife last night Rob.Spooky or what? :open_mouth:

Ken.

quinny is it a company phone or yours if its company they should put a handsfree kit in the cab

The company phone is hands free,but the phone in question is my personal one,however,I’ve settled on a boom mic off E.Bay,as I was unable to get one this morning at Dewsbury market.(£4 inc p&p)

Typical though.When you want one,you can’t get one,and if you don’t,there’s loads available.

Ken.

those 4 in 1 hands free kits aren’t bad, you can pick them up from most markets for about a tenner or the downtown phone shops for around £40.
they charge the phone while it’s in the cradle, there is a speaker built in and a wired earpiece and mic too, you just plug them in the cigar lighter socket and away you go.
you could always try the petrol stations cut price hands free kits, usually buy 6 litres of fuel and get a hands free kit for a fiver, they fit onto the air vent and a clip type thing goes over the ear part of the phone and then feeds sound from the phone to a seperate speaker but you have to shout at the phone to get heard.

I’ve got an over the ear short mic boom, which tends to pick up some of the engine noise. I’ve also got an over the head long mic boom which is as clear as a bell. The phone, when I had my own cab, was held very securely with a magnet stuck to the dash. x