Hands up who's forgotten to remove their digicard

Hands up who’s forgotten to take out their digi card from the slot after ejecting it then had to drive all the way back to get it ?

\o/

:imp:

not me but i know a couple of people who forgot to eject it and then went home with it on ‘other work’.

numpties

Rob K:
Hands up who’s forgotten to take out their digi card from the slot after ejecting it then had to drive all the way back to get it ?

\o/

One driver one truck, so used to leave it in :slight_smile:

NO never,as we have to get it down loaded at the end of shift,the worst senario is a 2 min walk from t.o to truck to retrieve it

I tend to leave it in that little machine that downloads your card. Sometimes I’ll go and get in a unit the next morning and panic cos I can’t find me card but its always in the office thank god.

bald bloke:
I tend to leave it in that little machine that downloads your card. Sometimes I’ll go and get in a unit the next morning and panic cos I can’t find me card but its always in the office thank god.

Thats exactly what i was gonna say,i dont half bloody panic when i find its not in my wallet :laughing: :laughing:

No but I have paniced and concluded the machine had eaten it again when really I’d put it in slot 2 :blush:

Yep I have - very embarrassing :blush:

bald bloke:

I must do this at least once a week,usually on a saturday when im in a rush to get out of the yard asap…

Yep . Done that . I now have an end of shift / debrief routine in an attempt to get everything done and not forget anything . Works for me …for now :confused:

Being on a one man, one vehicle operation for 99% of the time my card rarely sees the light of day as I can’t be arsed faffing about ejecting it at the end of my day. I’ve never needed to prove my hours against my timesheet but I always make sure that the timesheet roughly tallies with the hours between rest breaks on the card. I really have to try and remember to switch it at the end of the day, usually I leave my car keys in my trainers and switch it as I grab the keys.

It’s not foolproof and a few times I’ve come in next day or on a Monday having recorded no rest. Trouble is it might still be showing 3 hours driving, I’m not sure whether I should stop when it wants or work normally so it records over hours and do a printout with explanation.

My timesheets, diary and fairly regular hours should be enough to show it’s an oversight but you never know…

i done the process of ejecting it the other day when i finished, but i forgot to do the final press “NO” for a printout, so it didnt eject, was doing my paperwork and forgot about it. would it still be registering anything■■?. i switched the mode to break before i started to remove the card

When on agency, left it in a truck at 1 firm and gone to work at another firm to find no digi card.

Twice this month I’ve left my digi in truck on other work, so got a cab full of print outs now :blush:

ady1:
NO never,as we have to get it down loaded at the end of shift,the worst senario is a 2 min walk from t.o to truck to retrieve it

i left it in the downloading box of tricks in leeds 1 day!! lol :blush: luckily was there the next day so didn’t have to drive back to get it,40 mile round trip!!

Twice recently:
Left truck at workshops. Had to call the mechanic…he gladly put it on break and ejected it for me.

At yard one Friday eve. Called office,they did it for me,no probs.

Like I have been taught on this site “put card in then check vehicle” to show walk round check time. Not a good idea when you find the truck is ■■■■■■ after the “card event” and you will be using another vehicle.

Anyway found the steering column wouldn’t lock, all floppy “oh ah matron”. Anyway repair guy takes about an hour to arrive, then tells me game over. He gets to work pulling steering apart, I’m about to leave the yard in an identical truck “oh ■■■■ me card”.

Scurry off to ask the repair guy nicely can I get in to retrieve me card. :blush:

did it last weekend, parked up friday night forgot all about it, too much of a rush to get out of the yard, jumped in truck monday morning and card has registered other work all weekend, doh

So whats the best thing to do if you have done 4 hours driving or even 8 hours and not taken it out and its been on other work all night,do you take a 45 min rest after as soon as you need it or a worse case is if it reads you are almost due your 9 hour daily rest,you cant very well do that at start of shift when booked in to deliver fresh goods 3 hours away?

Redrorry:
Like I have been taught on this site “put card in then check vehicle” to show walk round check time. Not a good idea when you find the truck is [zb] after the “card event” and you will be using another vehicle.

Anyway found the steering column wouldn’t lock, all floppy “oh ah matron”. Anyway repair guy takes about an hour to arrive, then tells me game over. He gets to work pulling steering apart, I’m about to leave the yard in an identical truck “oh [zb] me card”.

Scurry off to ask the repair guy nicely can I get in to retrieve me card. :blush:

I think the OP had the reverse problem recently… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob K:

\o/

Three times. Once I had to drive back and it was waiting for me in the office.
Once I got a phone call, but I was on my way to the airport, so they just posted it to my home adress, which was very nice of them.
Once I had to drive all the way back to the Coop depot in Harthill, only to find that lorry is away and there was nothing in the tacho. So I had to apply for a new one. Somehow I don’t believe I lost it somewhere else, as when it’s not in the tacho, it’s in my wallet (or rather used to be, now I got it attached to my ID card, as I need two ID on the airports) so it was propably a case of a driver too lazy to walk back to the office and leave it there… It’s propably still stuffed somewhere behind the seats of AOJ van (or whatever the number plate was :stuck_out_tongue:) along with other rubbish :wink:

I had to say that I also FOUND someones card on four occasions, so it’s 4:3 for me :wink: