GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Just getting back on the thread I wonder if
Paul Gardner could shed any light on the GUY 8LXB story to whether Gardner’s did supply GUY Motors any 8LXBs

gazsa401:
Just getting back on the thread I wonder if
Paul Gardner could shed any light on the GUY 8LXB story to whether Gardner’s did supply GUY Motors any 8LXBs

Now steady on there Gaz coming up with that angle we may get an answer we’re not looking for ! :blush: We are both fine staying on lockdown our Son is taking care of our weekly shop and anything else we need ! So I trust you and yours are staying safe and well clear of the virus ! it’s just a case now of sticking with it and hope it all evaporates soon . Regards Dennis.

EW car truck & bus:
tounge in cheek David :laughing: :sunglasses: (or stoking the fire :laughing: )

take care E.W.

Keep stoking EW!

David

EW car truck & bus:
Yikes Dennis, imagine how close we have come to concluding the 8LXB / Big j mystery if your black phone book contained a mobile no for Fallings Park contact!!! :unamused:

Maybe our closest near miss yet ? :astonished: :laughing:

Hope you are continuing with your good lady to remain safe in these difficult times, been quite nice on me last 5 weeks with sunshine and a rather large garden to enjoy it in, last 2 days total misery i must add :cry: due to rain!

Be safe& KEEP RACKING THE BRAIN ON THIS TOPIC…….you know it makes sense.

E.W.

Hi E.W. Yes we are both keeping isolated the same as yourself so keep it up !!! We have like you plenty of surrounding garden and woodland to wander around without having the need to social distance. Only visitors we have is our Post Lady and our Son who delivers our weekly shop and anything else we require !
Ah! my misplaced belief that I had the Tel.no. of Guy Motors which I could have sworn to have but on “digging” the Book out it appears not ! But I will tell you what that indexed A4 sized, very well worn, hard backed book contains many many names and contact Nos. as well as names and addresses of the myriad firms and individuals contacts that we built up over the years. If it was still current it would provide a ready made blueprint for a “start up” haulage business. :slight_smile: There are hundreds of customer contacts plus every support and supplier contact you would ever need ! But sadly I reckon that a very large proportion of both the firms and the individuals are sadly no longer with us ! Happy long gone days ! Regards Dennis. :wink:

Just a thought maybe tis old GUY has a straight eight pot G in it, Buzzer

95369290_3336557996399499_2480961977061474304_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Gonna have to 'ave a word in your Carer’s “shell like” Buzzer to get her to put a bit more “stuff” in your brew !! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer:

Afraid not Buzzer,the cab lacks the grille extension,needed to take the larger engines,nice try though!

David

5thwheel:

Buzzer:

Afraid not Buzzer,the cab lacks the grille extension,needed to take the larger engines,nice try though!

David

Any straw in any wind David ! Anon 1 :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

That one had a proper engine, a nice Detroit fitted :imp: :laughing:

If you look closely,halfway down the grille,under the Guy badge there is a “Gardner 180” badge.

David

5thwheel:
If you look closely,halfway down the grille,under the Guy badge there is a “Gardner 180” badge.

David

Maybe it does have a “240” but the driver swapped badges with a “180” owner :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dennis Javelin:

5thwheel:

David

Maybe it does have a “240” but the driver swapped badges with a “180” owner :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now there is a thought DJ!

David

Just thought I’d stir the pot up a bit as it’s been a while since anything has been posted
What do you think Dennis?[emoji13]

gazsa401:

Just thought I’d stir the pot up a bit as it’s been a while since anything has been posted

Well Gaz I’m defo not thinking what your thinking ! So by the looks of that single axle trailer I reckon the Big J will probably have the AEC 505 engine and with the sleeper cab the young Lad that drives it believes he’s a “Big Wheeler” !!! :unamused: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

gazsa401:

Well Gaz I’m defo not thinking what your thinking ! So by the looks of that single axle trailer I reckon the Big J will probably have the AEC 505 engine and with the sleeper cab the young Lad that drives it believes he’s a “Big Wheeler” !!! :unamused: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

My friend who took that photo will know the full spec of that lorry ,I’ll try to call him next week .

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

gazsa401:

My friend who took that photo will know the full spec of that lorry ,I’ll try to call him next week .

You certainly have further reinforced my suggestion Dan’l :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:wink: NMP

Pete.

Just heard, a bloke from “up Norff” has topped himself… :unamused: :wink:

Fergie47:

I do expect better from you Fergie !! :open_mouth: It is actually a “walk through” 3 man cab arrangement and the engine is just a “set back” 180 6LXB :wink: Hope you and Liz have kept clear of the Covid ! we have managed to so far ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Fergie47:

I do expect better from you Fergie !! :open_mouth: It is actually a “walk through” 3 man cab arrangement and the engine is just a “set back” 180 6LXB :wink: Hope you and Liz have kept clear of the Covid ! we have managed to so far ! Cheers Dennis.

Spot on Dennis, Keep safe, Regards Larry.