Got the ball rolling

Alright lads, after the final straw with my current job (plasterer) Ive decided to take the plunge and do what Ive always wanted to do and take my hgv license. Ive got my medical booked for a week next Fri.

read my stuff mate . its another game with little work very hard for new drivers.you do your class 2 then have to get 6.50 an hour 7.5 jobs if you lucky.i could just say go for it mate its great . but me i wish i had got a new van and stuck with painting instead 10 to 12 pound an hour with crap agencys. if you are a good spread on 120 a day how will you cope with 6.50 driver hire rates of pay good luck

Hi & welcome to the madhouse

As cockneygazzer say it is not easy as I have said before this industry can be very hard to new drivers as you need 2 years experience to get a job be over 25 due to insurance purposes spend a lot of time money & effort to pass but the jobs in this industry arnt really here as they say if you think about it everything is delivered on a truck so if you lose your job as nobody want a plaster any more then you wont need the driver to deliver the plaster etc to the stores

Good luck & hope we havent put you off who are you going with :question:

A read of this

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23685

Also depends when you passed your car test if you have to do the initial dcpc or the on-going dcpc

This may also be of some use

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

Oh yes … don’t forget to read all the threads from those people who have put themselves about and gone straight into work and been very happy with it.

It’s not all bad news out there! :laughing: :laughing:

Hiyyaaa philsbeard & welcome :smiley:

well spoke to the contractor Im workin for to hand in my notice and basically he said he doesnt want to loose me so hes made it worth my while. So Ive cancelled the course. Its something I defo want to do but maybe not at the mo with the way things are and xmas coming up.
Put it this way you dont see any old plasterers :frowning: something for the future antway :smiley:

oh and the course was with hgv express.

Please google my user name (1st that comes up in natural listings) and have a look before you commit to any training company (especially the nationals!!)

Kind regards

philsbeard:
well spoke to the contractor Im workin for to hand in my notice and basically he said he doesnt want to loose me so hes made it worth my while. So Ive cancelled the course. Its something I defo want to do but maybe not at the mo with the way things are and xmas coming up.
Put it this way you dont see any old plasterers :frowning: something for the future antway :smiley:

So it is going on the back burner for now untll you can book the course & book a holiday at the same time :wink: :wink: :bulb:

thats the idea mate :wink:
I defo want to do it next year sometime, and certainly dont mind starting from the bottom but its all about timing and finances at the mo.
I’ll be sticking around to ask loads of daft questions Im sure :smiley:

philsbeard:
thats the idea mate :wink:
I defo want to do it next year sometime, and certainly dont mind starting from the bottom but its all about timing and finances at the mo.
I’ll be sticking around to ask loads of daft questions Im sure :smiley:

I would defo wait till next year due to the time of year it is now & as the weather gets worse your test maybe cancelled ( yes this does come from experience ) as had my C+E cancelled in the dec due to snow

But stay around as you may be able to pick up some tips & pick peoples brains at times & remember no question is a stupid one