Got it-But do i want it?

Well i had my driving assesment/interview today and have been offered a start for monday. my dilema now is do i want this job or should i see what else is around.

Details are.

The good :smiley:

Christian salvessen-big company etc
less than 5 minutes from my house.
7.69 hour minimum pay 45 hours.
monday to friday days.
no nights out.
pension scheme etc.
usually same unit
Good training and induction
will also put me through adr at a later date.

The Bad. :open_mouth:

Automotive industry deliveries.
Multi drop upto 14 drops?
No real overtime available to make up the wage.

SO do i take it and get away from the agency as the contract im on at the moment ends soon or hold on and look for something better.

Help??

:confused:

Annual pay is £17992 plus overtime. Will you earn this on the agency over a year?

Also, it looks like its a “Nice steady Eddie” job too.

Whether you go for it or not depends where you are in your life. If you’re looking for a nice steady job where you get to see wife, family and friends then I’d say go for it.

You list 9 positives & only 3 negatives.
How much is it going to save you in fuel costs. Some agancies can run you miles for a days work.
Minimum 45 hours & no overtime is dubious.
Have to agree with the multi drop bit though, I hate them, as they are always to places not designed for HGV deliveries.

Take it and work saturdays on agency.

And if another job comes up leave, you owe them nothing.

go for it. if you want a ahange then you can still look while you are earning. its always better to find a job while you have one

Go for it mate you are on hours and not salary so you can make your own overtime by doing the speed limits and taking all your breaks officially, steady pace and nice and easy does it.

I have worked agency for CS they seemed ok buty a bit unorgansied but hey who is these days.

Give it a go hun there is always extra’s! :wink:

thanks for the replies. confirmed what i was thinking and give it a whirl. if its ■■■ :open_mouth: i can always look again.

Cheers

Bones:
thanks for the replies. confirmed what i was thinking and give it a whirl. if its ■■■ :open_mouth: i can always look again.

I’ll have yer Terry’s job :wink:

Shame about the potential for up to 14 drops really, other than that it sounds like a winner.

The thing is as long as you leave DriverTemps on a good note then if it turns out to be pants then you can just come back and work for them again anyway.

Good luck :slight_smile:
Paul

gonna give drivertemps a ring in a bit and tell them the good news so you might get a call :smiley:. the only thing is they really are scratting around for work at mo so they may not replace me ( i am irreplaceable after alll :wink: ) think i will stay with them for weekends if im able to work any :wink: :wink: :wink:

I think it looks very good as long as the boss/es is/are reasonable people.

I wouldnt take that offer, that sounds like a real bum deal. I’ve been offered better than that on Class2. Havent you got a Driverhire near you Bones? I’m never out of work with them unless by choice. There’s got to be better than that offer I’m sure, even with the saved fuel costs.

peace

Good luck with the job Bones and I hope
it goes well for you :smiley: .

Bones:
gonna give drivertemps a ring in a bit and tell them the good news so you might get a call :smiley:.

Tee hee, I now have Bones’ old job at Terry’s from Monday onwards :slight_smile:

Paul

Just goes to show Truck net works.

Repton started working on the same agency as me a month or so ago after i got him the number ( and i got £50 off the agency :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ) he was only getting scraps of work but because i was moving on i put in a good word and he’s now got some regular work out of it :smiley: so win win situation all round. not bad to say we have never spoken let alone met just all done through trucknet

Nice one. :smiley:

Nice to hear Paul and good luck to the both of you :wink:.

The correct answer to this post was “stay away” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ive jacked it in tonight after the worst couple of weeks possible. 14-16 drops in an artic round city centres with bad units and bad trailers is not for me… so back to looking for a job. :confused:

… and what’s more, my job (Bones’ old one) ends in 2 weeks too, I’ve been told today. Still, I guess it got me 4 weeks of work during the quiet period.

Paul