Been offered my first Job,

Hi guys, just been offered my first job after passing C+E a couple of weeks ago.

Its with a small general haulier. monday to friday with a few nights out thrown in

They have pretty good gear, all less than 5 years old, leased but in company colours with markings.

£500 per week, (a little less to begin with while learning the ropes, £460ish)
£26 per night out.

overtime available at weekends also.

Is this a good starting point?

What’s the hours ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who cares, take the job and get some experience under your belt LEARNING to drive and maneuver an Artic…
Do you expect a top job straight off the bat? :open_mouth:

Best of luck whatever you do! :smiley:
Even a month’s worth of experience will help with your NEXT job… :wink:

Thanks for the reality check Evil :stuck_out_tongue: and the honesty.

At the end of the day this company are willing to take a chance on me and that should be enough really.

I suppose I should be glad I have been able to find something when other on here are clearly struggling.

If its any help to others looking though, I have filled in umpteen online forms and got absolutely ziltch back, The two companies I have contacted directly; 1 has offered me a job right after meeting me face to face and the other has me in for a driver assessment next Tuesday.

The direct old fashioned approach seems to carry more weight.

£500 divided by 60 is £8.60 ph
£500 divided by 48 is £10.40ph
What hours they are expecting every week will determine if it’s a good rate,if they are expecting you to do 60hrs a week for £500 i’d not bother.

Go for it… the wages seem like the going rate at the moment. I have put my nursing aside (which I’m giving up) to take on some agency work doing class 2 while I wait to do my C+E… worked today on a class 2 and tomorrow will be a 3.5 ton delivering fencing… and sitting here working out the wages I’m appalled how bad the agency money is… so grab that job with both hands… as I’ll be lucky to walk away with £100 in my pocket from 2 days of work. Good luck and enjoy the experience… it’s a good place to start.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk