Got a permanent job, woo!

As some of you may know since passing my test a couple of months ago I’ve been doing little bits of agency work, not nearly enough though really. Applied for about 100 class 2 jobs, didn’t even get invited to one interview! Michael Pavis plumbers merchants rang me out of the blue the other day after I’d e-mailed them my CV months ago and I spoke to him on the phone for 10 minutes or so. He said did I want to go down for a chat about it for half an hour. Obviously I jumped at the chance and got straight down there. He said it would cost him extra to put me on the insurance since I’m under 25 but he was willing to give me a chance and could I come back tomorrow to do a little drive assessment! :wink:

Got down there this morning, they’ve got about ten or so 13 tonners, iveco and Mercedes. Went out for a little drive round in it with the TM (he has his class 2). Bloody thing was well strange! Was like driving a little van, really odd experience. It was a 57 plate 13t iveco eurocargo. Had the gearstick on the dash and all sorts :open_mouth: Gears felt nothing like any truck I’ve ever driven before, everything was really light and quick, not truck like at all really. Was quite a fast little thing as well :confused:

Anyway, got back to the office and I was offered the job there and then :smiley: It’s monday to friday 7 till 4:30, anything from 2 - 15 drops a day.

Well chuffed :laughing:

Congrats mate :smiley:

Good luck mate :smiley:

Cheers for the kind words fellas!

Well done and congratulations really happy for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: jennie x

Drove a Iveco euro cargo 17 t last week this was a 55 plate & what a heap the gear stick although on the floor was difficult to get into gear was awful to drive noisy as anything had 6 gears rattled like mad & dot get me started on the reverse gear good luck

Wort thing I have ever driven tbh

Well done on the new job enjoy

lol Animal, these 13tonners were really nice to drive to be honest. Only ‘big’ iveco i’ve driven was an 18t fridge on a Y reg, had a 8 speed slapover. Was actually pretty cool to drive as well to be honest. Think the worst one I’ve had so far was that 26t ERF ECS, absolutely beastly horrible thing.

@ Jennie: Thanks! :smiley: How are you getting along on the driving front?

Great news Chris_89, looks like your all sorted now ,good luck with your new job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bonnie lass:
Great news Chris_89, looks like your all sorted now ,good luck with your new job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers! :wink:

well done mate,good luck in your new job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate. Thats the first step on the ladder. Enjoy. :slight_smile: