going for class 1

ok well i passed my class 2 in october first time as im sure some of you will remember and after a very hard time finding work and one VERY bad day out i have decided to take my class 1 and try and skip the whole class 2 malarky.

i phoned up the training school i took the class 2 with and they have offered me a package pretty much the same as before, £1200 pass protected. ok it is wagon & drag but i have been told that they will fund a days training on a full C & E rig with a partner school for me as there are lots of diffrences between the two,

i am just waiting now for a phone call telling me when i can start and test dates. so hopefully a new training diary will be started soon, and in turn hopefully i have a bit more luck finding some work. in turn, if anyone is intrested there is a job going in flatbed class 2 recovery work based at strensham services. they didnt mention anything about experience when i phoned them up. 11.5 hour shifts 4 on 2 off with a £25.000 salary.

ok it is wagon & drag

I’d skip the W&D and train on a proper artic, i heard there’s a hell of a difference between the 2!! Goodluck with class 1, im currently on the job hunt myself, just waiting on my licence to return :slight_smile:

mikey-t:
ok well i passed my class 2 in october first time as im sure some of you will remember and after a very hard time finding work and one VERY bad day out i have decided to take my class 1 and try and skip the whole class 2 malarky.

i phoned up the training school i took the class 2 with and they have offered me a package pretty much the same as before, £1200 pass protected. ok it is wagon & drag but i have been told that they will fund a days training on a full C & E rig with a partner school for me as there are lots of diffrences between the two,

i am just waiting now for a phone call telling me when i can start and test dates. so hopefully a new training diary will be started soon, and in turn hopefully i have a bit more luck finding some work. in turn, if anyone is intrested there is a job going in flatbed class 2 recovery work based at strensham services. they didnt mention anything about experience when i phoned them up. 11.5 hour shifts 4 on 2 off with a £25.000 salary.

Hi Mate, Well good luck with the class 1 test, i’m thinking abt the class 1 aswell, ive had my C2 for neary two yr now, i have Full PCV aswell so ive been doing a bit of both, i thought i’d gain a bit experiance befor i go for it…

Take no notice drag and pull is better for the test as you are already used to driving of the prime mover the trailer will follow you with little or no extra room or road positioning , after you have passed you test find a training school with an artic book a day and start to learn how to drive em , good luck