God..... Or Not

OK seeing as some of you on here consider yourselves Holier than Thou :unamused: It begs the question.

Do you believe in God, such as you are off to Church on a Sunday, or do you just have ‘religeous [sp] views’

Would you try and ram it down peoples throats if/when you got chance? (There used to be a Forky at Sheerness Docks who tried dishing out that magazine [Watchtower■■?] to all and sundry, most ended up in the water).

Or are you like me and dont believe in any of that twaddle… :grimacing:

Athiest since an early age when I worked out that what was written in a book called the bible did not match up with reality.

For all those that want to believe in one religion or another… fine… as long as they do not try to impose their views on others.
If someone wants to believe in the sun-god or the tooth fairy then, as long as it does not affect anyone else, I do not have a problem with it.

I have noticed one thing - most wars are religious based - a thought to ponder…

ROG:
Athiest since an early age when I worked out that what was written in a book called the bible did not match up with reality.

For all those that want to believe in one religion or another… fine… as long as they do not try to impose their views on others.
If someone wants to believe in the sun-god or the tooth fairy then, as long as it does not affect anyone else, I do not have a problem with it.

I have noticed one thing - most wars are religious based - a thought to ponder…

im the same, believe in what you ant just dont ram it down my throat because theres only soo many times ill say nicely im not interest before i tell you where to go. i had 2 jahovus witness come to my door one daya nd i answer wearing a slayer tshirt , they soon got the picture lol

Religion??

[rant]
Don’t get me started on that f… relic of the ■■■■ dark ages grrrrrrrr.

My dad died a few months ago and I had to sit there while some ■■■■ in a dress told me all about how it was gods will and how he was happy in heaven. LIAR.

And how anyone can make any kind of policy based upon blind faith in the face of factual science (creation taught in schools etc) I do not know.

And wars yes just look at the trouble now being caused in the name of Islam.

If I had my way all religion would be banned with immediate effect. Naive idiots at best and out and out troublemakers at worst.
[/rant]

My mate Steve who used to live opposite me had 2 witnesses call on him so he invited them in and made them coffee whilst they spouted off with him listening intently…
… after about 20 mins of this when they were convinced that they had him… he informed them that he was in the army… never seen 2 people exit a house so quickly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Atheist or at most Irreligious. As already pointed out, the godbotherers and religions are the whole cause for the wars, for the terrorist element, and for the fear used to bully simple people.

Hell, fire, and damnation was used by preacher folks, still is to a point. I saw how religion can sit and work together in Africa. The christian non believers sat and drank beer with the muslim non worriers. It just gave them an extra day to have a day off work, for they could worship each others god (drink) on Sundays and Fridays.

I also saw the fear in peoples faces as they called to see the marabout. He lived in our garden shed and spent 17 hours a day smoking weed :laughing:

God. Don’t Bother Me!

An African statesman once said, " When the White men first came came to my Country, they had the Bibles and we had the oil. When the White man left, they had the oil, and we had the Bibles".
Insofar as belief in a God is concerned, bear this in mind.It is the Muslim belief that there are 27 Virgins waiting for each of them, if they die for their cause, (and if they believe that, they will believe anything), when they go what passes for their Heaven. It is that belief which helped them see off the Christian Crusaders, The Russians; and unless things change ,America and Britain will be next.
As for my beliefs. When my coffin rolls through those curtains at the Crematorium, it will be to the sound Of Mick Jagger and the Stones giving it Big Licks, with “It,s All over Now”. :laughing: :laughing:
ps. Is that guy still in your garden shed Mal ■■ :wink: :wink:

Buycrider:
An African statesman once said, " When the White men first came came to my Country, they had the Bibles and we had the oil. When the White man left, they had the oil, and we had the Bibles".
Insofar as belief in a God is concerned, bear this in mind.It is the Muslim belief that there are 27 Virgins waiting for each of them, if they die for their cause, (and if they believe that, they will believe anything), when they go what passes for their Heaven. It is that belief which helped them see off the Christian Crusaders, The Russians; and unless things change ,America and Britain will be next.
As for my beliefs. When my coffin rolls through those curtains at the Crematorium, it will be to the sound Of Mick Jagger and the Stones giving it Big Licks, with “It,s All over Now”. :laughing: :laughing:
ps. Is that guy still in your garden shed Mal ■■ :wink: :wink:

I left Africa, but the guy was still living in the shed with his weed and probably my (zb) TV too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hear your story about the virgins, I think it was 72, not 27. Anyway what can they do with them when they have blown their ■■■■■ off with rucksack bombs

Great film to shup up people trying to “convert” you.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Lonewolf Yorks:
Religion??
If I had my way all religion would be banned with immediate effect. Naive idiots at best and out and out troublemakers at worst.

well said

My viewpoint is very much Darwinian in that we crawled out of the sea millions of years ago.

migs69:
My viewpoint is very much Darwinian in that we crawled out of the sea millions of years ago.

I remember that being the first thing I questioned in an enforced religious class when I was very young - I got thrown out !!

Coddy:

Same as you. I don’t believe fairy tales from truck drivers, blokes in frocks with their handbag on fire or earnest young men in white shirts and black ties who like to knock on doors.

You can’t blame religion for the troubles of the World, it’s the people who use religion as an excuse for greed and power that cause the trouble. If they didn’t use Religion they’d use something else. Some of the worst attrocities in history have been from systems that didn’t beleive in Relgion. Stalin murdered millions of his people, Hitler wasn’t on a religious crusade, niether was Poll Pot or Mugabe.
Millions died in the 2 World Wars niether were a Religous campaign.

I have met religous people who work hard for others because of a belief in the teachings they follow, they don’t try and ram this down my throat but get on with thier life and make many other better in the process. Of course many non religous people also do this, because of a belief in humanity I suppose.

As for me I find relgion interesting and the basic codes they operate by seem very similar, especially te 3 main one that decended from the middle east, but then they would as they are related.

Am I religous? Well I have a problem with the existance of God. so the answer is No.

I want to know who is brave enough to post a link to this thread on our sister site www,truck.net :wink:

I aint

Coddy:
OK seeing as some of you on here consider yourselves Holier than Thou :unamused: It begs the question.

Do you believe in God, such as you are off to Church on a Sunday, or do you just have ‘religeous [sp] views’

Would you try and ram it down peoples throats if/when you got chance? (There used to be a Forky at Sheerness Docks who tried dishing out that magazine [Watchtower■■?] to all and sundry, most ended up in the water).

FFS! Ha, ha!

Honestly mate, after reading the thicko rubbish (or “drivel” as you called it elsewhere) you’ve written on this site for so long, you should seriously stop thinking and writing about anything that’ requires even a little bit of intelligence!

The existence of god, religious views, reading “Watchtower” (or any magazine in your case…apart from a ■■■■■ of course!) - forget it mate…it will all be way above your thick head!

Thanks for the laugh though!

:laughing: :laughing:

Coddy:

being serious here,i think its your mental state that needs questioning rather than our religeius beliefs

migs69:

Coddy apparently crawled out from under a stone…

:grimacing: :grimacing:

ANDY1961:

Coddy:

FFS! Ha, ha!

Honestly mate, after reading the thicko rubbish (or “drivel” as you called it elsewhere) you’ve written on this site for so long, you should seriously stop thinking and writing about anything that’ requires even a little bit of intelligence!

The existence of god, religious views, reading “Watchtower” (or any magazine in your case…apart from a ■■■■■ of course!) - forget it mate…it will all be way above your thick head!

Thanks for the laugh though!

:laughing: :laughing:

Ahhhhhh Bless you my son… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ANDY1961:

migs69:

Coddy apparently crawled out from under a stone…

Thanks for that one Andy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I had never really understood the Theory of Evolution,before seeing that very informative , and easily understood post by “migs69”. Your post must qualify as TNUK “Post-Of-The-Week”, for putting it neatly into context insofar as this thread is concerned. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: