Are you a practising Christian?

Do you go to church whenever you can and especially on Sundays?.

I have a friend who is a devout Sunday worshipper I cant see it myself I just wondered if any truckers were into it?.

Apologies to other religions who may have been excluded from this post due to the nature of it but please feel free to tell us of your own religion if you are religious.

( Is that ok? they wont be offended will they)?.

I’m a praticing Wiccan, have been for 38 years. Not on the list so thought I’d mention it :slight_smile:

jammymutt:
( Is that ok? they wont be offended will they)?.

( Probably not! Yes I would imagine so)

im a non believer
nothing that appeals to me tbh, but if you do it then cool

i hate preachers aswell, i got 2 of them trying to talk to me when im in the big squarein amsterdam, they were still talking to me when i was rolling a doobie lol

last year when i worked for Brits
i had night out in Holyhead anyhow just where i parked
i noticed my brand of ‘church’ which i hadnt attended for 10 years
so being a ‘meeting’ night i went over and attended :smiley:

Me athiest but each to their own as long as they do not try to push their beliefs onto anyone else - the British were one of the worst offenders for that in past history :exclamation:

There is always one question I ask those that try and push their religion - how many wars are religious based :question:

JEDI KNIGHT…

may the force be with u my son…

muslim

Are You A Practising Christian?

No I am perfect at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont follow any religion, but most that do let themselves down by relying on a single book for its instructions. I have witnessed how the interpretation of the instruction is misconstrued.

As the great Dave Allen said " My your God go with you"

Me I’m one of those who don’t belive

As the saying goes “Thank God ime an Athiest”
:laughing:

I use to go to Sunday school when I was a wee lad loved it don’t go now thought to big and old :laughing: :laughing:

Del

Of the 13 people that have so far answered that they are non-believers, how many of them celebrated Christmas? It is after all a Christian Festival!

I am atheist.

I believe the Bible is just a fictional book about how someone thought the world began. People then started believing it and it has snowballed to what it is now.

killsville:
Of the 13 people that have so far answered that they are non-believers, how many of them celebrated Christmas? It is after all a Christian Festival!

It depends how you mean celebrated Christmas. I had a fortnights winter holiday which i had to take before the end of December. On the 25th December, there was a private party in the pub as it was my mates 57th birthday and all over Derby there were lots of small explosions as the cosmopolitan inhabitants of Normanton Road set off fireworks to amuse themselves.

I didn’t buy any cards except one for the birthday, the kids were treated to a ride on a steam train because I wanted to indulge myself.

killsville:

Probably an unfair question as ‘Christmas’ hasn’t been a Christian festival since Coca-Cola introduced old red costumed Santa Claus. Christmas itself borrows many of its themes from elsewhere; however, it is no longer a celebration of Hope but of Greed and Gluttony.

I’m not a Christian, but I go to church on Christmas Eve because I believe that even if its a myth it is one of Hope - and we sure need that right now.
Anyway, even if I’m a pagan I really like carol singing

I’m a Christian and a believer but don’t generally attend church. I do read the bible at night before bed though.

I was brought up as Catholic. Went to Catholic school and my old man was and still is very religious, but I don’t practice it now. I’d be a hypocrite if I did.

killsville:

i never, ok i had to spend it witht he family but its not likei see it as a special day, its just another day to me tbh i would happily go to work on xmas day tbh

once the family stuff was done i headed down to my mates, played xbox and got drunk.

I’m an atheist.

I’ve no problem with other peoples beliefs but can’t stand hypocrites.

As far as Christmas is concerned, I doubt that many people now regard it as purely a religious event.
Many people enjoy Guy Fawkes night but are not arsonists or bombers so why should being a none believer prevent anyone from enjoying Christmas :wink: