Zac_A

Imagine if there was some far away alien civilisation out there from another galaxy,and imagine just one of the aliens found earth in his spaceship whilst exploring.And he observed what a beautiful planet it was.And then he was able to somehow how the peoole lived,worked and so on.He could see how well organised we were,hospitals caring fir the sick,police keeping law and order,supermarkets there for food and so on.
Now imagine went back to tell the other aliens what a wonderful world he had found and he was the first to find extra terrestrial life.But imagine they were a bit skeptical and he hadnt brought back any evidence.But after some time,they were on the verge of believing his account.
But then he let it slip that things werent completly perfect,he had seen some people arguing and squabbling,well ,fighting actually,then he realised people were knifing each other to death in some big cities.Then there was those few million killed in wars well ,a bit more than a few million actually,oh and not forgetting they kill their own childten in the womb,they let others starve,they build chemical and biological weapons to kill each other

Then,they build thousands of nucleur weapons to destroy the planet and global warming,they dont seem overly worried.
Now,if one of the alien friends came forward and said,no ,it cant be true.No way would loving humans do all this.Would he have a good argument for saying that humans cant exist.
In a similar way God cant exist because of childhood cancers?

There are arguments about whether or not God exists, or did exist, or is/isn`t an interventionist God.
But there are other arguments surrounding this.

Stephen Frys argument, as I understand it, (I dont know about Zac_A) is that if God is responsible for creating us etc, then he is a nasty bugger and does not deserve being revered. If he made childhood cancer etc, then don`t worship him, call him out for being the vicious bully he is.

Why worship and praise the creator (if he exists) of pain and suffering? It has nothing to do with the existence or otherwise of God.

Odd choice for a topic title.

Splom is slowly turning from the quiet and gentle evangelist handing out leaflets in the town centre, to the deranged godbotherer shouting passages from “revelations” through a loudhailer in the town centre…

_\m/

A thread with my name as the title? Wow! TN Celebrity status :laughing:

Aliens visiting? Well, there’s a cast-iron invite if ever there was one to the TN crazies to start promulgating their lunacy :unamused:

I can give you a sound mathematical argument as to why alien visitation is not ever likely to happen, but I’ll leave that for another day, not least of all because if you can be such a science-denier you’ll also have a similar disrespect for mathematics.

In case you don’t know, our nearest stellar neighbour(s) is Proxima Centauri/Alpha Centauri, a little over 4 light years away, which is about 23.5 trillion miles. (23,500,000,000,000)

You mentioned another galaxy: closest of which is Canis Major Dwarf at 25,000 light years, I’ll let you calculate 23.5 trillion multiplied by the appropriate factor (6,250).

You’re hypothesizing there’s a extra-terrestial civilisation far more technically advanced than ours, which despite their status, would send a traveller so inept as to fail to bring back evidence? How would such a thing possibly occur?

The “Alien Space Agency” would have given him a definitive mission plan, with mission aims & objectives. Our ET would have been sending communications from the moment he landed, carefully documenting his findings step-by-step after the phenomenally long journey. Radio/TV/video type signals travel at light-speed, so they’d get there four years after he started transmitting.

There would be no debate on the home world about whether humans could, or could not do X, Y or Z because these technologically advanced creatures would not have failed to gather shedloads of evidence.
I’ve given that word such emphasis as I honestly do not believe you understand the concept.

Ok,lets just pretend he forg :smiley:ot the evidence,he left his electronic device behind.
Can we just focus on the question I asked,if you will.

Or maybe Robroy can help you.After all you came to his help when he was tongue tied.I allow one phone a friend :smiley:

Frangers has hit the nail on the head:

If such a thing as God does exist it is a right nasty B’stard, not one that right-thinking people would worship.

Is this your question?

Sploom:
Now,if one of the alien friends came forward and said,no ,it cant be true.No way would loving humans do all this.Would he have a good argument for saying that humans cant exist.
In a similar way God cant exist because of childhood cancers?

In which case you’ve missed a point of rationality so gigantic I scarcely know how to respond to you in terms you would understand:

If there was no evidence about humans at all, why would Alien B believe that humans were “loving”? Why would Alien A have suggested they were? Your hypothetical, and wholly inept, alien traveller has no evidence at all other than his subjective opinion, so he has no basis for any kind of logical argument at all.

Your “argument” is predicated on these technologically advanced aliens having the same lack of logic you religionists demonstrate, these are mutually-exclusive characteristics.

Your “God” is not real: It’s just a figment of human, fear-driven, imagination; just like ghosts, ghouls, vampires, werewolves etc

Sploom:
Or maybe Robroy can help you.After all you came to his help when he was tongue tied.I allow one phone a friend :smiley:

Just so you know, this isn’t a tag-team event with people ganging up against you.

Zac_A:

Sploom:

Just so you know, this isn’t a tag-team event with people ganging up against you.

Tongue tied my ■■■■ arse mate :unamused:
I could take you on any day in a battle of wits, but it would be like beating up an unarmed defenceless man.
The fact that you are a brainwashed deluded fantasist disqualifies you from taking me on in any way intellectually.

@Zac…Seems like he is weaning himself off me, and now you are flavour of the month. :laughing:
The rest of you beware of the TN missionary. :laughing:

robroy:
@Zac…Seems like he is weaning himself off me, and now you are flavour of the month. :laughing:

Aye, you owe me a pint for that :laughing:

And me,I aporeciate a glass of white wine ,if we are done with this

My evangelising on this website is now officially over.I tried to help,Ive been faldley accused of being this and that.It goes with the terrortory.Im not here to judge anyone.All these things I talk about,I always admited to being such as guilty as your typical Mr Average,just tried to help thats all.Anyway,Im done now.Just truck talk from now on.Its a trucking forum ,there are trolls operating on here,but there are genuine ones who just want advice on the industry they have just started with

Sploom:
My evangelising on this website is now officially over.

youtube.com/shorts/_S_9kXkZ3qQ?feature=share

Zac_A
So if we lived in a cancer free world,would you be using this as an argument for God to exist,or is this just a one way street?

Sploom:
Zac_A
So if we lived in a cancer free world,would you be using this as an argument for God to exist,or is this just a one way street?

Well that didn’t last long eh. :unamused:
Don’t you get it mate,l?..nobody shares your obsession and preoccupation with all this crap…
The best you are going to get is NORMAL blokes who just happen to believe in (a) God,. and tbf there is nothing wrong with that .despite your arrogance in saying they are not ‘True Christians’ (please do not address that point,.as I CBA to indulge you over it again)

The worst you are going to get on here are the guys like myself where you have zero chance of any sharing and agreeing to your sad misguided views.
The only places where you are going to meet fellow fanatical religious nut jobs is the cult that you belong to, and others that run alongside it…,not on here.

So ffs give it a rest man…it’s Sunday,.theres an empty pulpit with your name on it… :unamused:

Ok,but let Zac_A have the oppurtunity to answer my question first,if he wants to.Its only just came into my head.And then we can get the whole thing wrapped up.
Im not a preacher,

He probably wont see the question now.
If you hadnt posted,he would have seen my question.

Sploom:

If god wants him to see the question…

Sploom:

We’re all gutted.
What am I like eh? :unamused:

youtu.be/z4uivPpzCGo