GIST, agency

Anyone ever done any work for GIST on agency ?. Can’t decide if it’s worth the aggro of travelling and taking an assessment or if it would be any better than what i’m doing now. Any idea’s on what sort of shifts they usually give to agency drivers ?.

Ex Haulier:
Anyone ever done any work for GIST on agency ?. Can’t decide if it’s worth the aggro of travelling and taking an assessment or if it would be any better than what i’m doing now. Any idea’s on what sort of shifts they usually give to agency drivers ?.

sent you a PM

I worked out of Barnsley depot about a year ago…plenty of hours and shifts to suit when you been there a few weeks. Assessment goes on forever…unless you really want to do it, dont bother going

Did a stint at the now doomed Carlsberg/Tetley brewery in Leeds a couple of moons ago.Luckily for me,the TM was a former gaffer of mine.

H&S was BIG at this particular site,and the work was ok,but nothing special,and 8 hours was about the norm,so you would never get rich quick.

Ken.

Ex Haulier:
Anyone ever done any work for GIST on agency ?. Can’t decide if it’s worth the aggro of travelling and taking an assessment or if it would be any better than what I’m doing now. Any idea’s on what sort of shifts they usually give to agency drivers ?.

Give it a go they are OK once you get in , I work for them regularly through my agency, in fact I’m off tonight 9pm for Dewsbury probably a load of bananas. Some times the wagon are a bit ruff , grubby to be honest, start times to suit usually GOOD LUCK.

Love the job your in or somebody else will !!

i wouldnt drive some of the sheds they run, zb i even saw a gist erf the other day, it was minging

It was on the M&S job, i turned it down.

i see a lot of 53 reg mercs running from barnsley

tobytyke:
i see a lot of 53 reg mercs running from barnsley

every year at xmas I get calls asking if Ill do gist barnsley on agy, theres always some conveluted bonus (£1000) scheme on offer if you commit to completing "X" number of shifts there, Ive yet to meet anyone who has actually met the target number of shifts and got the bonus

I’ve been in Gist Thatcham Thurs, Fri, Sat and yesterday. 53 reg Mercs Thu and Fri, and 57 reg Mercs Sat and Sun.

They do have some real ■■■■ waggons though. Don’t bother me, all I’m interested in is the money. It’s not like you are having a night out in them is it.