Getting there, what order?

Hi guys,

I’m hoping 2015 will be the year I get out of the shirt & tie, and onto the road!

Bit of a run down (sorry if I’ve done this before) I’m Jordan, 23, live near Kings Lynn, currently work in an office. Training school wise I’m hoping to go with Peter Smythe or East Coast Driver Training. With Peters voucher there’s £3 difference but east coast are closer.

I’ve done my medical, got my provisional, booked my theory and hazard perception which is 27th March so I’m studying hard.

My question is what do I do now/next?

Do I get my CPC done now & out the way or wait? Would it be wise to get my digital tachocard/driver card now ready?

I’m obviously eager to get it all done but I’m in the lucky position where I’m in an OK office job so I’m not going to rush and take any job when I eventually get my license, I’m hoping to get recovery work or tipper/aggregate work.

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

There’s no fixed answer to the questions. But I would suggest you do your cpc (Mod 4) at the same time as your practical training. I would apply for the digicard a couple of weeks before your course. You don’t need it for training but at least you’ll be ready to go to work with your digicard in hand and your Mod 4 passed.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m currently training with peter smythe in Mansfield with Tim.
Brilliant instructor and training school! Giving every bit if confidence and clear instructions and the experience just shows in the training!

I got my digi card couple of weeks before my cpc mod 4 which was Wednesday just gone, I’d say do the same. It’s there then ready then from
The moment you pass :slight_smile:

Anymore questions pm me :slight_smile:

Chris

Hi Jordan,

I’m just down the road from you at Downham Market :slight_smile:

I did my training with Peter’s Peterborough centre. The examiner, Dave, is a top bloke, I passed my c a couple of weeks ago and am going back in a few days for my C+e

I did my CPC before my “C” but purely down to the fact that I wasn’t working at the time so thought I may as well get it out of the way. Best bet is to give Peter’s office a call and see what availability they have.

Hope that helps

:smiley:

Cheers guys.

I need to do some reading up on what the CPC consists of. I understand there is another theory type test, an a practical test too?

Spunky - I live just outside Swaffham… I actually use Downham gym as I get a discount through my current job :slight_smile:

I’d MUCH rather go with Peter purely through comments I’ve read on here, but the drive to Peterborough every day is 1hr 20 mins each way, that twice a day is a fair whack especially after training all day. As opposed to 35 mins each way to East Coast training.

I can’t even consider a hotel as there’s a pet dog to think about!

Cheers

Jordan

Using the back roads it used to take me about 45 minutes from home to the airfield where the lorry is based :slight_smile: