gearboxes

hi guys
can anyone tell me what boxes are used in iveco rigids for my class c and
mercs and renault artics for my c+e please as im gonna start my trainig soon and would like to no what in gonna be dealing with and are they gearboxes the same across the manufacturers ranges i.e the same box in all the renault units

cheers guys

generally 4 over 4 range change gearboxes but can be slap-over gearboxes.
If you click the link on my signature and then, part way down, click the link to the gearboxes. There is also an explanation for the use of the 4 over 4 range change gearbox in the first link. :smiley:

Before my C course I spent a lot of time wondering and worrying about what kind of gearbox I would have to deal with. In the end I wasted a lot of sweat over nothing!

Turned out that it was a 4 by 4 slapover which took a while to get used to - but was easy once you got used to it. Have no doubt that I would have just as quickly have mastered a 4 over 4 range change.

Whatever the gearbox, the secret is simple if my experience is anything to go by - TAKE YOUR TIME when operating it. Dont rush - it isn’t a race! Trust me - if I could get the hang of it, then anyone can!

have to agree with superlez there- dont rush, I’ve had to use a few different gearboxes since passing my test, and that was only last month, the ones I’ve been unfamiliar with its either a case of asking or working it out for myself. Usually just a quick spin round the yar and I’m a natural lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thomo1709:
hi guys
can anyone tell me what boxes are used in iveco rigids for my class c and
mercs and renault artics for my c+e please as im gonna start my trainig soon and would like to no what in gonna be dealing with and are they gearboxes the same across the manufacturers ranges i.e the same box in all the renault units

cheers guys

Hi thomo1709, the first pictures and descriptions in CLICK THIS POST should answer your question.
Please leave a comment on the end of it if you find it helpful. :smiley:

An iveco Supercargo 18T I had to drive when I was looking for a rigid job a while ago was a 4 beside 4 “Slapover” like used in the Merc Axxor, only it was stiff, and was very hard to feel if you’d gone through the gate, may well be that was just a knackered one, least in the axxor u get a positive resistance and a little psshh.

cheers guys
info is so helpful
big thanks