Gear change in modern times

Below is a link from previous posts.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36632&hilit=gear+lever

Is there anybody who has a more up to date set of pics/ info as to what is relevant in the gear change dept. As a new kid on the block Iโ€™m looking at having a better idea what is in these bad boys. Any help would be appreciated indeed. :smiley: :smiley: :confused:

Basically alot of the training veichles will use the 4 over 4 configuration like in that post. When i trained for my class 2 it had a 4 over 4 slapover box, and when i trained in class 1 it had the same 4 over 4 box with range change switch with a splitter! think thatโ€™s probably all you will need to know for now as alot of training companyโ€™s use that configuration.

mcc46:
Below is a link from previous posts.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36632

Is there anybody who has a more up to date set of pics/ info as to what is relevant in the gear change dept. As a new kid on the block Iโ€™m looking at having a better idea what is in these bad boys. Any help would be appreciated indeed. :smiley: :smiley: :confused:

No change from when that post was made.

Many have found it difficult to understand from just reading but it all fell into place when presented with such gearboxes by their instructors
As with many things in the LGV world, practical is more revealing than theory