Friends father has just died,but

Until he retired,he was a driver all of his life.His funeral is on the 10th of February in Great Yarmouth,where he lived for a lot of years.

Now,as he was actually a Yorkshireman,my friend has managed to borrow an old Volvo and a 28ft trailer from a local to us company for the proceedings,and he is driving it down the night before,but after a discussion with him this morning,I put to him that if it were possible,would he object to a few other motors turning up,to give the old guy a proper drivers send off,and he said he would ask his brother and sister.

This is where I am hoping some of our East Anglian brothers can help.

Once I have the full details,would anyone be free for a couple of hours on the 10th,to perhaps blast a few horns,and show some solidarity to a deceased old trucker?

Just for a laugh,if that is the correct terminology given the circumstances,I suggested that he go down the route of ropes to hold the coffin on,with proper knots of course,and he has said he will ask his brother and sister,but what he does plan to do,is put a folded sheet on the tail of the trailer,roped on of course.

If anyone can make my friends day,and can offer their assistance,then either post on here,or pm if you wish,and I will pass the details on.

Many thanks.

Ken.

My Condolences Quinny. Also you may possibly not heard of David Hall Vintage lorry Funerals.

www.vintagelorryfunerals.co.uk

Or maybe the East Coast Truckers can advise you

Thanks Willie.

I am hoping that just a couple of guys from the ECT can turn up if they can spare the time.As drivers ourselves,both my mate and I appreciate that times are hard,and trucks ain’t earning if they ain’t turnin,but it would be lovely and most appreciated if it could happen.

Ken.

You might have to PM one of the ECT members on here so they read the post.

May God bless us all …it is clear that he is much loved.

my Condolences Quinny, darran