Fridge/coolbox dying

hi all i got a 12v fridge in the cab thats plugged in constantly and its great but the last couple of days the fans has become quite noisy an sound like its struggling does anyone know anyone or a place that can look at the/ repair if needed id rather do this as id imagine its gonna be cheaper than forking out best part of a 100 quid for a new one

check if a New is not cheaper

to replace like for like is 125 quid

don’t know much re fridges etc, but how about spraying the fan/ bearing etc with WD40 or similar.

if its a coolbox, dont leave it plugged in constantly. it’ll not last long and will knacker your batteries. unplug at night, things stay cool as long as its not opened. i often have milk in mine for 3 or days and its never turned to cheese yet.

Hate to say it but stuff like that is generally disposable. Once it goes wrong it’s usually for the bin!

cliffton 27:
hi all i got a 12v fridge in the cab thats plugged in constantly and its great but the last couple of days the fans has become quite noisy an sound like its struggling does anyone know anyone or a place that can look at the/ repair if needed id rather do this as id imagine its gonna be cheaper than forking out best part of a 100 quid for a new one

Depending on who makes it, I have a Halfords one that has done eight years work, parts are avalible from waeco (google them), I have fitted two fans in that time at about £12 each last time I bought one.

It might help to take the cover off and clean the dust off of the fan.

we ues a campingaz electric one when camping if thats left on ice builds up around the fan inside the fridge and makes it noisy and sounds like its about to die …un plug let ice melt n its ok

switchlogic:
Hate to say it but stuff like that is generally disposable. Once it goes wrong it’s usually for the bin!

i know its a shamr really as it a decent cooler :cry: by the way im digging berts tash :smiley:

iangam:

cliffton 27:

Depending on who makes it, I have a Halfords one that has done eight years work, parts are avalible from waeco (google them), I have fitted two fans in that time at about £12 each last time I bought one.

yea its a halfords one they dont do it anymore but waeco do an identical one gonna try them for parts first cheers

Most of the fans in them are the same as computer fan (PC run the fans at 12V). So when it stops, just take it apart and take the fan to a computer shop and ask if they have one the same size.

Paul

this looks like a good place to try for parts for fridges / coolboxes (I’m not connected blagh blagh usual disclaimer)

beefy4605:
this looks like a good place to try for parts for fridges / coolboxes (I’m not connected blagh blagh usual disclaimer)
http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/

thanks mate i took it apart today all seems good i think it could be the motor but last night i used it through the hella 24v socket and it ran better but still not perfect :confused:

Used to run a 12v kettle off a 24v hella, didn’t half boil quick :smiley:

steve_24v:
Used to run a 12v kettle off a 24v hella, didn’t half boil quick :smiley:

I did that, it boiled quickly but only the once!