Friday the 13th

Did anyone have a nightmare day yesterday? I didnt, in fact everything went brilliantly, even the M25 was empty :open_mouth:

I never gave the date a thought yesterday, but did think it was very quiet compared with usual Friday return trip to Stansted. I just put it down to the high cost of fuel and the tanker drivers strike making people stay off the roads, but the date probably did have some effect too now that you mention it.

I bet the 7.5 tonne driver who tipped his van on it’s side by cornering too fast where the M25 and M11 cross was wishing it had been busier to slow him down at roughly 1900 hours yesterday evening. The 30 mph signs are there for a good reason. Hope he wasn’t badly hurt.

We had 3 guys on test yesterday and they all passed - so no bad luck there! :smiley:

And that goes for the guy on the A19 around the Yarm turn off that flipped his van over spilling fruit across the carriageway. The van was a right old mess, I hope the driver was OK though. Not the best of days for him.

I got a £120 parking ticket in london :cry:

that’s the last 2 and a half day’s wages gone then, and the guy on site told me to put it there so the crane could reach and people could still squeeze past, not impressed :imp:

2 and a half days wages amounts to £120? You need another job!

Koop:
2 and a half days wages amounts to £120? You need another job!

I’m working on that mate, you should speek to my boss :laughing:

Had loads of parking tickets in London when delivering. Got loads cancelled too. Always challenge :wink: Even if you by some slim chance end up having to pay, you’ve at least made them earn it.

had a good day, and i hate working that day,over the last 2 yrs ive clipped post,and one car,so vowed never to work one but got stuck on a n/o so had no choice this one.

I had a right result, took on an afternoon job, just 2 hrs drive, tip and run home. Arrived at tip at 14.30 only to be told by goods in man that i’d got no chance of being tipped cos he go’s home at 16.00!!■■ So after a couple of calls i dragged the load back. Was not impressed at all. Well that was until i found out i got paid a decent amount to drag it back. I bet he’ll get his bum chewed when they get the haulage bill. The load could of been tipped in 20 mins.