Friday 13th

I’m not normally bothered about it but yesterday I burnt myself when I dropped a cast iron pot as I was taking it out of the oven and stupidly picked it up without thinking cast iron plus 190 degrees for 25 minutes = “You [zb] stupid [zb] dumb [zb]” :blush: :imp:

Then on arriving in work I discovered I have lost my digi card, well wallet actually and it was in that. So it’s many printouts time, complicated by the fact I double man each shift. :blush: :unamused: :imp:

Finally I had a mother of a row with a newish supervisor in OPSCO, where we get our paperwork, after he accused me of something I didn’t do. When I pointed out it wasn’t me he said, “No, but it was one of your type.” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: From that point things went south a bit rapid. It was a mate who is on the other truck that does the same run who had been involved in the earlier incident, which happened before I even got to work. :imp: :smiling_imp:

Ah well, it was a good number while it lasted. To coin a phrase. Onward! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anybody else have a crappy Friday? :imp:

Edited to change where auto correct had changed ‘newish’ to Jewish. That would have put a whole different slant on the row. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Anybody else gave a crappy Friday?

I feel your pain. The entire world has been conspiring to annoy me today, and I’ve been forced into a bad enough mood that I’ve even let a few people know just exactly what I think of them post-annoyance.

Normally I never let these things get to me, and the only explanation for my sudden change of tact is the date. :open_mouth:

Gogan:

Coffeeholic:
Anybody else gave a crappy Friday?

Normally I never let these things get to me, and the only explanation for my sudden change of tact is the date. :open_mouth:

Same here. Oh and it is almost a full moon tonight.

I was most of the Day in Bed,or around it. Start now at 05.00

Lovlyperson:
I was most of the Day in Bed,or around it. Start now at 05.00

I didn’t get up until after 2 o’clock so all that happened in less than 6 hours.

I felt it coming and booked the shift off, did me no good I have the mother of colds and got press ganged into helping the wife do the housework, I sneezed whilst carrying the hoover downstairs for her and slipped and fell to the bottom.

mike68:
sneezed whilst carrying the hoover downstairs for her and slipped and fell to the bottom.

“And that, Doctor, is how the Hoover hose ended up stuck there.” :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

mike68:
sneezed whilst carrying the hoover downstairs for her and slipped and fell to the bottom.

“And that, Doctor, is how the Hoover hose ended up stuck there.” :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m curious to know…what is ‘one of your type?’

Your edit of newish was a bit 'bris k :laughing:

ShropsBri:
I’m curious to know…what is ‘one of your type?’

That my friend is the sixty-four thousand dollar question. The cellular airwaves have been a buzzin’ all night as we tried to solve this conundrum.

And the answer is, we haven’t got a clue. The only things that really links us is we both do a Charnock trunk, we both like good food, we both like cooking and we both bake our own bread, but we can’t see it being any of those.

ShropsBri:
Your edit of newish was a bit 'bris k :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

So…Have you jacked? :open_mouth:

bigvern1:
So…Have you jacked? :open_mouth:

Yeah. I did do the shift tonight as my direct boss is good and I didn’t want to land him with a headache at eight-thirty Friday night and it would be too little notice to source another driver so the agency lad I’ve been doing the run with for the last few months would have had to do the whole run himself. Bit harsh having to do 7.5 - 8 hours driving when you’ve rolled into work expecting to do half of that.

Jeez…We should form a club. Number of times I walk, because of twots in the office! :open_mouth:

bigvern1:
Jeez…We should form a club. Number of times I walk, because of twots in the office! :open_mouth:

I think that’s a first for me, can’t recall doing it because of an office bod before.

The annoying thing though…Is they still have their job. even after ■■■■■■■ you/ me off! :confused:

bigvern1:
The annoying thing though…Is they still have their job. even after ■■■■■■■ you/ me off! :confused:

When we got back about 90 minutes ago the night manager came to the edge of the ramp to speak to me while I was at the rear of the trailer waving my arms about in an attempt to guide my co-driver onto the bay, it didn’t work as he still hit the trailer on the left, and asked who I had had a row with. When I told him he said good, and did a thumbs up. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So…You aren’t finished? :confused:

bigvern1:
So…You aren’t finished? :confused:

That was only his opinion and he is warehouse, not office.

OK…Good luck with the next yin! :sunglasses: