Free Truck 55 Reg Daf 44T Superspace Cab

Hi

I have in my possesion a well looked after Daf XF 95 Superspace Cab reg Oct 05 (55 Plate) Analogue tacho. There is 437,000 Kilometres on the clock.

I need to get rid of this truck because I am sick of driving, in fact I hate Driving.
The vehicle is already running under contract to Maritime Transport and has 3.5 years left to run on its lease.

The potential new owner will only need to pass a credit check with the finance company in order to take over the vehicle lease I will not be charging anything for the truck IT’S FREE AND GUARENTEED WORK WITH IT!! I miss my family and don’t want to be away from them any more. The work that is guarenteed can be used or not there is no restrictions the contract can be terminated without penalty.

Plus I also have a container trailer if interested fully modiefied with LED lights new paint job (Hammerite Paint finish for longevity) £2500

I will be sad to see this truck go but I would be even more sad to see my family go.

Any queries email me at jpjinc34@msn.com

At the end of the lease for this vehicle you must sell it and pay %20 of the sale price to the finance company , there is no stipulation on how much you sell it for and then you can by it back for what you sold it for.

would you consider taking on a driver. i’m looking for a job. don’t mind nites out. p.m if interested

JonnyRage:
At the end of the lease for this vehicle you must sell it and pay %20 of the sale price to the finance company , there is no stipulation on how much you sell it for and then you can by it back for what you sold it for.

OUCH!!!

don’t take this the wrong way, but, did they see you coming :open_mouth:

all of mine are on a Lease Purchase plan and at the end of the term, i sell and pay 2.5%

is it an Ex-Maritime truck?

Yes it is ex maritime but as regards to the finance the truck could be sold for £20 as far as the finance company is concerned meaning they would get £4.

JonnyRage:
Yes it is ex maritime but as regards to the finance the truck could be sold for £20 as far as the finance company is concerned meaning they would get £4.

is it with the finance company that the Maritime truck sale bloke (sorry, can’t remember his name) recommended?

just curious, not looking to buy any more at the moment

also, i think you will find that the finance company at the end of the lease will take a real close look into it if the truck was sold for E.G. £20

if a truck is worth say £12,000 and you had to pay a percentage, you probably would get away with selling it at £8500 and pay 20% of £8500

but if you tell them you sold it for £1000, they would look further into it

If you want a drive I’m interested. Where are you working out of ?

shuttlespanker:

JonnyRage:

OUCH!!!

don’t take this the wrong way, but, did they see you coming :open_mouth:

all of mine are on a Lease Purchase plan and at the end of the term, i sell and pay 2.5%

is it an Ex-Maritime truck?

same as me, 20% is taking the p**s

Can I ask if you have offered this to the other owner drivers that you work alongside? I would have thought they would have been the first.

I’ve worked for and with OD’s for a long time and one thing I know about them is they won’t refuse a free lunch! What I mean is if this offer was legit and it was for a truck that:

…they knew
…and knew the type of work it was doing
…and knew how it was looked after
…and how it was driven…

Would they not have jumped at the chance?? A working truck with no intial outlay!!

So… In my estimation there must be no money in the work… or there is no work … or there is something up with the truck itself or the deal being offered.

Does it have an R&M contract?

You haven’t said how long you have had the truck or been on this contract…?

thats the only problem with being away,you miss out on your kids growing up,if you get to the stage where work is having a bad effect on your family life then its timefor a change.its not an easy life being a driver let alone an o/d.
if you are serious about letting this truck go are you willing to transfer the o/licence as well,you cam pm if you want.what area are you in

how much are you paying per week on the finance?

how are you turning over per week?

how much net are you averaging per week?

if everything is ok, i’ll take it in 3 weeks.

Hi all im a newby to the forum,ive been reading about maritime in the truck mags can anybody tell me more info about running for maritime costs etc any info
cheers Dean

dieseldave98:
thats the only problem with being away,you miss out on your kids growing up,if you get to the stage where work is having a bad effect on your family life then its timefor a change.its not an easy life being a driver let alone an o/d.
if you are serious about letting this truck go are you willing to transfer the o/licence as well,you cam pm if you want.what area are you in

You cannot transfer the O licence. You have to apply for an O licence in your own name

Fenman:
You cannot transfer the O licence. You have to apply for an O licence in your own name

You can if the O licence belongs to a Ltd Co and You sell the Ltd Co and become a Director.

You cant if it is in your name and hence belongs to a “person”.

20% is OTT. I had a Daf on finance lease, at the end of the lease I had to pay 5%, where did they get 20% ? you could have paid for that truck twice over once you end the agreement!

Im pretty certain that The truck is actually owned by the Finance company until the end of the agreement and has been paid for , the Finance Company has to “sell” the vehicle to somebody else other than you, (i.e a family member ) charge them a percentage of the sale price and then you "buy " it back from “your family member”.

To me its just a money making racket, why do you have to pay anything once you have paid your 48 payments at £1250 pm or whatver the vehicle cost ?

20 % tho ? thats takin the Michael that… Maritime must be coinin it in, as well as makin on the rates!

I’ve never heard of you being allow to sell the vehicle for what you want, surely the Finance Company must have some control over it ?

Have you got rid of your truck yet ?

do you have to stay on Maritime ?

it will not be Maritime making money out of the 20% final fees, that will be the finance company.

there is nothing stopping him leaving Maritime if he wishes, the thing is, he is there because he is on a guaranteed minimum earnings with them because he was daft enough to purchase one of their overpriced used trucks

sorry I didnt mean Maritime making the 20% , I meant they have charged top dosh for the truck that they have sold to the new owner to work for their rubbish rates given.

Any other finance company will charge you anything from 2.5 to 5% for sale of vehicle
so why 20% i would leave it alone

you can pick one of those up for around the £20 / £25 k mark so why would you pay around £42000 + ? ( average £1000 per month over 42 months )