franchises

does anybody have any knowledge of franchises for companys such as fed ex, dpd etc,thanks :smiley:

hothow44:
does anybody have any knowledge of franchises for companys such as fed ex, dpd etc,thanks :smiley:

Do a search for the COD Forum, they have all the information, good and bad

cheers mate :smiley:

We have franchiseslike those over here too, I checked into Fed Ex ground when I firt got a work permit. Having a letter from Fred Smith (CEO of Fed Ex at the time) telling any Fed Ex manager to give me a job if I applied I was offered a job with Fed Ex Ground as an owner operator out of Albany NY, I turned the job down because it was a long daily drive every day to and from work.
Fed Ex custom critcal is another similar set up and having talked to the drivers I meet from time to time, they ate treated like crap by Fed EX.
My own experience has shown me that being an O/O is not wirth it.

On the other hand Fed Ex is one of the worlds best companies to work for as a full time employee, I spent 6 years there before we all got redundancy, it was probably the best job I ever had.

Fred Smith i have heard that name before [ yes i know we all have ] when i was contractor to Custom Cricital in Holland, Maastricht airport, then after a year or so it went back to Roberts Europe now i could be wrong but i thought Mr Smith was the one that bought it from Fedex and yes some where i have the photos of my sprinter in both colors and 2 T shirts of Custom Critical which i still wear once in a while here, but up till now no body has given me a package

Sorry to drift off

DPD advertising for franchisees on www.jobsite.co.uk yesterday, have a look.

Sapper

Yodel are looking for self-employed,i dont think its a franchise,just have to have your own van.

I thought stobarts were offering a franchise lol

my thought is if it was any good they wouldnt be selling it.