driver of the lorry which hit the rear end vehicle
was not payiing enough attention ,The enforcement offices
have said that more and frequent controls will be carried out and
that speeding, working
and driveing too long , and NOT enough
distance betweeen vehicles being kept,
Be warned that you may be stopped and checked
also KEEP your Distance at ALL times

Yeah, but what they didnt say that it was probably the campany to blame. I noticed the lorry driver carrying the steel girders had just left Duisburg, which means he came from the same place as I go to every week. We have a contract with Rheinkraft which is responsible for taking out 80 percent of the goods taken out of Thyssen, the biggest metal producing company in NRW based in Duisburg. Rheinkraft push their drivers to the limit it is no wonder that these accidents are waiting to happen .
Thank god our company is gettting rid of them and we will be switching to container work instead.
I feel sorry for the family and friends of the deceased and my heart goes out to them.
But before the papers start jumping to the immediate conclusion that the driver was fatigued and lost concentration they should be looking at why

Well at least the accident investigators will actually investigate.

Heads will roll if there is anyone else to blame, even if they find the loads are not secure. BP is always banging his drum about this,

As already said. Its a sad day for the families but the Germans are very thorough in these matters