LKW CONTROLLE

Google or Facebook or some other force has presumably, via something I believe is called algorithms, detected that I am Interested in road transport matters.
Accordingly, i am frequently invited to view clips of the German Polizei, LKW Controlle gauleiters at work. ( I’d have to confess that the German element may have just a little to do with my ■■■■ preferences, but hey ho.)
Has anyone else had a look at, or experience of these guys in action?
It makes our own very lovely DVSA look like a Brownie Jamboree in comparison I think.

It was mentioned a few weeks on the forum and gave a link onto a German website
It was addictive to me, and soon I had used up my data
Couldn’t believe how strict they were.

What did you expect, from the Germans, they are known for ruthless efficiency, think of the Gestapo. Klop.

I have looked at several of these LKW Kontrolle videos quite a few of which reveal horrific defects in vehicles which the driver would not be aware of. Most frequently they seem to concentrate on load security, which brings up what seems to be a long-lapsed practice among drivers. When loads were roped and sheeted on flats drivers would tend to stop after some miles to have a walk around to see if the ropes had slackened off. The curtainsider has put paid to this as is very plainly to be seen in these videos. The Polizei get the driver to open the curtains and lo and behold the apparently correctly secured load isn’t, because many of the load straps are loose.

The BAG are very keen but fair, I have had many invites to Bitte Folgen.

I drove chemical tankers in Germany for a while and the factory workers and gate security were fully aware of what happened if the BAG had them in their sight. The security would check your vehicle, safety equipment and documents before loading, the loading staff would check out the tank. Consignor liability at its best. If you passed muster in a factory, you could generally “folgen” with a “schmunzeln”

However if you tried to get away with something or take short cuts they would have you in the shower block schnell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old John:
I’d have to confess that the German element may have just a little to do with my ■■■■ preferences, but hey ho.
Has anyone else had a look at, or experience of these guys in action?

Nah not really mate tbh,… all the ■■■■ I watch have women involved somewhere along the line. :laughing: :wink:

does anyone know a way of either getting sub titles, or useable spoken translation of the German LKW BAG videos, I have tried having my phone on translate but it is very poor at translating any of it to be honest, the vids are really interesting, and I do wonder what is said to the drivers and or owners down the phone, the fines are usually understandable with my tiny bit of German from school. I liked driving there as the rules were right or wrong no grey areas, and to be honest most of those shown need to be caught.